Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Soda or Pop ??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406952)

tdarko 12-29-2005 04:58 PM

Re: Soda or Pop ???

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea idiots just called it Coke.

[/ QUOTE ]
be careful with the name calling fella, i am not the one that has apparently never been outside of my one domain.

there is no reason to get hasty with me b/c i pointed out the ignorance of your poll, i am sorry that you are oblivious the other regions and their ways/cultures...you may think they are "idiotic" thats fine, notice that in my post i did not call any of the names for the product wrong. since you have reverted to name calling in your post further proves that you are not open enough to make a promising poll with the correct options...like the guy that put two weezer albums on a poll for "best weezer album."

i am actually laughing at how you are calling people idiots that call the product "coke" yet you did not know maybe 2/5th's of our entire nation calls it this. good stuff.

MyTurn2Raise 12-29-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since your name is "IlliniLou" and your loc is "University of Illinois" you really should be calling it pop.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct

unless you are hitting on one of those fine St. Louis area honeys...then soda it is

Chicagoland girls are the majority, though, so pop is your best bet most of the time

TheMainEvent 12-29-2005 05:11 PM

I remember when people from different regions had this argument all the time my first semester of college. It annoyed me a great deal.

McGahee 12-29-2005 05:24 PM

Soda and it's not close

Grisgra 12-29-2005 05:35 PM

A New Poll

Shees, fine.

12-29-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea idiots just called it Coke.

[/ QUOTE ]
be careful with the name calling fella, i am not the one that has apparently never been outside of my one domain.

there is no reason to get hasty with me b/c i pointed out the ignorance of your poll, i am sorry that you are oblivious the other regions and their ways/cultures...you may think they are "idiotic" thats fine, notice that in my post i did not call any of the names for the product wrong. since you have reverted to name calling in your post further proves that you are not open enough to make a promising poll with the correct options...like the guy that put two weezer albums on a poll for "best weezer album."

i am actually laughing at how you are calling people idiots that call the product "coke" yet you did not know maybe 2/5th's of our entire nation calls it this. good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry I apologize.

FishAndChips 12-29-2005 05:59 PM

Soda is more feminine ending with the 'a'.

Pop is efficient. One syllable and action packed.

I typically say soda, but I'm switching to pop! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokerBob 12-29-2005 06:00 PM

i live in minneSOTA, but they call it pop here. retarded. it is soda, and it is not close.

uw_madtown 12-29-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since you have reverted to name calling in your post further proves that you are not open enough to make a promising poll with the correct options...like the guy that put two weezer albums on a poll for "best weezer album."

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling pop "coke" is akin to picking Make Believe as the best Weezer album, by the way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

zipppy 12-29-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i live in minneSOTA, but they call it pop here. retarded. it is soda, and it is not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just made baby (minnesotan) Jesus cry.