Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What is he Thinking? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405347)

skipperbob 12-26-2005 12:58 PM

What is he Thinking?

$215 SnG - 5 players left - me and shorty are both shortstacks with less than 10BB's each...He flat calls $150 from UTG...folded to my BB...I have A-9off...I check...Flop come 7-8-9 rainbow...I push...He calls with A-Q..I'm gone when Q hits the river....O.K. so no big deal....But please tell me what went thru his mind to call my allin with no pair???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

sofere 12-26-2005 01:01 PM

Re: What is he Thinking?

He's thinking why the %*$# did I limp UTG with this hand? There's no way I'm gonna fold AQ!!!

You're lucky you have tenure...if you were a newb, you'd be in the middle of an all out flame fest for this post.

bearly 12-26-2005 01:10 PM

speaking of fuel for flame fests--what about these twentyleven posts beginning w/ "curtains"? they are so tiring i don't have the energy to gripe.............b

Snarf 12-26-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's thinking why the %*$# did I limp UTG with this hand? There's no way I'm gonna fold AQ!!!

You're lucky you have tenure...if you were a newb, you'd be in the middle of an all out flame fest for this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

Spot on analysis I think...but you have to add the thought: "my trap worked - I've got him now!"

45suited 12-26-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of fuel for flame fests--what about these twentyleven posts beginning w/ "curtains"? they are so tiring i don't have the energy to gripe.............b

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. There's obviously no value in studying the play of one of the best SNGers out there.

Let's have more, "Is my 200% ROI after 40 games sustainable" posts.

Oh, to SFB's original question, he's probably some rich guy with $215 burning a hole in his pocket who thought his AQ was still good.

Vuron00 12-26-2005 01:17 PM

He's thinking "This damn, super aggressive, 2+2'er thinks he can bluff me off this pot... take this, biatch."

Burno 12-26-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies if my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning, but all the posts you see with "curtains" in the title are part of an ongoing project by dozens of forum members to improve their play. Curtains, a successful 215'er and one of the most respected opinions on this board, has been generous enough to share his HH's with dozens of members to review and post hands they are curious about. It is an extremely educational and quite valuable project that Curtains was kind enough to volunteer for, although I'm sure it's a mutually beneficial.

Check it out, I'm learning lots.

And now I see 45suited has beaten me to this post.

Skipper, what were the exact stacks? Ever c/r all in here ?

kyro 12-26-2005 01:56 PM

I push A9 PF in your position.

Uppercut 12-26-2005 01:57 PM

I see these calls on the flop all the time at the 11s. I didn't think players at the 215s would be doing it as well. I truly think that they see your flop push as a blatant steal attempt and they honesty believe that their A hi is good.

12-26-2005 02:04 PM

Saw a guy today min raise a 150 chip lead bet on a flop of K/8/3, 2 clubs. Lead bettor went all-in. Min raise idiot called. Lead bettor was in the BB in an unraised pot and had k/8. Min raise idiot had AJ off and nothing but a backdoor flush draw and 1 overcard. He hit runner runner clubs.