Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Favorite hand to crack aces (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298100)

college kid 07-22-2005 06:21 AM

Favorite hand to crack aces

Just curious about fun stories of cracking aces and what your favorite hands are to do it--and of course the story associated with that.

Some of my fun stories, which I'm sure you all would find boring so I won't tell them, involve 43s, 42o, J3s, 87s, and my all time personal favorite hand, Big Lick-- 96 (Suited of clubs or spades being my choice).

And I think we all should take a moment of silence to thank those in the poker community who think 4:1 means invincible.

Also, at teh Excalibur, where they let you spin the wheel if your aces are cracked, the 1-2 NL is just the best for cracking aces--though I haven't been there since I moved up to 2-5 and mostly play online anyway.

Matt Williams 07-22-2005 07:35 AM

Re: Favorite hand to crack aces

One time I was playing $1-$2 no-limit at the Trop and had 2-7o while being the big blind. Three players call and the flop was 2-7-7. One guy bet $20, the others fold and I went all in with something like $150. He called and showed pocket aces. I show my hand and eventually doubled up. He was so p!ssed off, he got up in a rush to leave and tripped on one of those food carts and fell over.

The_Missile 07-22-2005 07:47 AM

A favorite of mine to crack aces is KK/QQ. I've done it once or twice with kings, and about a week ago against my friend I tripped up my QQ on the turn when he had aces. But just a couple of days ago my friend returned the favor when his KK tripped on the turn. Oh well.

stokken 07-22-2005 08:56 AM

Where do u play??
Please sit at my table!!
My favorite hand to crack 43s , 42o ,J3s, 87s,and 96s, and all its likes are the ROCKETS

galahad_187 07-22-2005 09:11 AM

my favorite hand to crack AA with is AA. i've had it happen to me once, and i did it to someone else once.

gasoltub 07-22-2005 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where do u play??
Please sit at my table!!
My favorite hand to crack 43s , 42o ,J3s, 87s,and 96s, and all its likes are the ROCKETS

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the essence of the OPs post.

I believe he meant the hands that give you the most warm and fuzzy feeling when you happen to crack someones aces.

djoyce003 07-22-2005 10:59 AM

I like doing it with 22. That 2 out on the board looks so harmless and it's the ultimate insult cracking the rockets with 22.

DrFeelgoodRC 07-22-2005 11:09 AM

AA vs AA we ended all in pre flop and I hit the 4 flush.

Cerril 07-22-2005 11:56 AM

KK and AK are my favorites as well. I had a reverse-reverse against a friend with AAvQQ as the last hand of a night where he caught a Q on the flop and I caught a flush on the river.

I think re-cracking a hand that's ahead of my aces (or just having aces hold up by improving) feels a lot better than any time I crack aces.

sully4321 07-22-2005 01:15 PM

personally, i feel bad cracking aces