Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Hand 1 (100 PLO8b) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394523)

Spladle Master 12-08-2005 10:35 PM

Hand 1 (100 PLO8b)

Hi there Omaha/8 forum! I am new to these boards and would appreciate any feedback you would be willing to give me on some hands that I played in a recent session. Here is one of them.

Hero: ( $122)
Villain ( $73)
Seat 7 is sitting out.
Villain posts small blind (0.50)
Seat 9 posts big blind (1)
Seat 2 posts big blind (1)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Seat 10 calls (1)
Seat 1 calls (1)
Seat 2 checks.
Seat 3 folds.
Hero calls (1)
Seat 5 folds.
Seat 6 calls (1)
Villain calls (0.50)
Seat 9 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
5 checks.
Hero bets (6.65)
Seat 6 folds.
Villain raises (26.60) to 26.60
4 folds.
Hero raises (79.80) to 86.45

Is this an acceptable level of aggression?

beset7 12-08-2005 10:40 PM

Re: Hand One

lolomg

Just kidding man.

I think you need to slow down here but I'll let the PLO8b experts give you the skinny. Welcome to the forum!

Spladle Master 12-08-2005 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lolomg

Just kidding man.

I think you need to slow down here but I'll let the PLO8b experts give you the skinny. Welcome to the forum!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, it is funny that I would be so unhelpful to you and then ask the forum that you moderate for advice. I am sorry for being so blunt in my post. But that is all that I could think of to say. You definitely should have played that hand much faster. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

beset7 12-08-2005 10:48 PM

Yeah 3rd and 4th were pretty atrocious. Sorry to hi-jack your thread here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Spladle Master 12-08-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah 3rd and 4th were pretty atrocious. Sorry to hi-jack your thread here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care. It's really not much of a thread (yet? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

12-08-2005 11:24 PM

Re: Hand 1

Heads up I like this play. He's going to need a 4-card hand to have you in bad shape here, and that's just not so likely. You'd rather have a 24 or 23, but heads up this is a fine play IMO

Cooker 12-09-2005 01:31 AM

Re: Hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
Heads up I like this play. He's going to need a 4-card hand to have you in bad shape here, and that's just not so likely. You'd rather have a 24 or 23, but heads up this is a fine play IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

8 people go to the flop, so I don't think I like hero's play very much. I think there is a very good chance villain might have a very strong fit with this flop. This is not a flop to run a bluff at for most people. I wouldn't be stunned to see villain have as little as a naked nut low (I think he almost surely has at least a nut low although it wouldn't be the first time a set decided to get all in freerolling a made low), but he can have a lot of hands that are basically leaving hero drawing very thin for half the pot. This looks like a very tricky hand to me. Villain also puts a huge raise through the entire field that could have all been trying to go for a check raise. I have no idea what to do here. I think you probably want to move in or fold and I lean towards folding to the raise.