Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Meh (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389104)

QTip 12-01-2005 11:23 AM

Meh

Villain is 28/13/2.55 with wtsd% of 33

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Pharity 12-01-2005 11:25 AM

Re: Meh

.. also standard.

EDIT: Well ok, maybe a little player dependent. Nothing is questionable until the river.

nfscreech 12-01-2005 11:25 AM

I don't really like the river raise. You might get a call from KK, but you're usually getting 3-bet by a better ace here.

12-01-2005 11:27 AM

Why didn't you raise the flop? Because of his pre-flop raise?

krimson 12-01-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Keep him pushing underpairs. No reason to stop betting KK into this board if your opponent doesn't raise.

Entity 12-01-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Keep him pushing underpairs. No reason to stop betting KK into this board if your opponent doesn't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have KK.

I almost always raise this flop because that's clearly what no one in their right mind would do with an Ace.

Rob

Nick C 12-01-2005 11:47 AM

I probably wouldn't raise the river, but I like the rest of it.

krimson 12-01-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have KK.

I almost always raise this flop because that's clearly what no one in their right mind would do with an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your right, there was no cap, but I think the same applies for 99-JJ, etc.

I doubt that a typical 2/4 player is going to get through the thinking process of "he raised the flop, so he probably doesn't have an ace".

Pharity 12-01-2005 11:57 AM

I agree with krimson. To raise this flop against a 1st level thinker at 2/4 is a bad move.

Entity 12-01-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your right, there was no cap, but I think the same applies for 99-JJ, etc.

I doubt that a typical 2/4 player is going to get through the thinking process of "he raised the flop, so he probably doesn't have an ace".

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I went through my 2/4 existence raising these flops and getting paid off handsomely by 99 who called down. They almost never call big street raises but almost always call flop raises because the pot is already pretty big and they want you to "prove it" to them, and by raising the flop you make the pot bigger on the turn giving them just _that_ much more hope that you might be bluffing and they don't have to be good all that often to make a calldown profitable. Of course, they aren't always thinking this, but there's something that people subconsciously distrust so much about flop raises that flop raises tend to yield much better results than turn and river raises.

Rob