Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Poker Buddy Open BETA (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360515)

10-18-2005 11:05 PM

Poker Buddy Open BETA

Introducing Poker Buddy, a FREE application that allows you to instantly find your Buddies in any of the largest Internet Poker rooms.

We are in need of beta testers to help us make this program a useful tool for internet poker players everywhere.

Currently Poker Buddy supports hold'em games on:

Party Poker
PokerStars
Ultimate Bet
Paradise Poker
Prima Poker Network
Crypto Logic Network

If you play hold'em at any of these internet poker rooms and are interested in using this program while it is in beta go to www.fifthstreetdevelopment.com for more information and download instructions.

If you have any questions please email us at support@fifthstreetdevelopment.com

FifthStreetDev

krimson 10-18-2005 11:26 PM

Re: Poker Buddy Open BETA

Can any 2+2'ers vouch for the credibility of this software? It looks pretty useful, but seems kind of fishy...

10-18-2005 11:29 PM

I just downloaded it a few min ago seems to work well virus scanner turned nothing up, looks safe to me.

APerfect10 10-19-2005 01:45 AM

WARNING

To any potential 2+2'ers interested in this software...
This software connects to third party servers while you are playing which we already know that Party and many other sites do not allow. I'm not going to tell anyone to use or not use this software. Personally, I wouldnt nor do I care if you do. Use this software at your own risk!

InternetPokerPro 10-19-2005 02:12 AM

i am playing with it now and it seems kind of cool.

as to the issue about party having a problem with it . . . i think it is a little over the top. it is simply doing the same thing party's software does which is tell you where your buddies are seated. but it does it for all the top sites at the same time.

LVGamb00ler 10-19-2005 06:45 AM

Downloaded, installed, imported buddies....but no indication of when any are online yet....Party shows them as being online but PokerBuddy gives no indication. Your tutorial should show a picture of what it looks like when a 'buddy' is playing.

Edit: I just verified that at least one of my PokerBuddy players is indeed playing @ 50/100

10-19-2005 08:24 AM

We would like to add that there is a tutorial that can be found at http://www.fifthstreetdevelopment.co...l/tutorial.php
which explains the basic process of adding a buddy and setting up preferences.

If you have any further questions about the set up process, you should e-mail support@fifthstreetdevelopment.com

Prod1gy 10-19-2005 09:22 AM

I am confused, so I downloaded and ran it, imported my PP buddy list and at least 6-8 people showed online according to PP, several actually had Hide Me From Table off, so with PP I could see the table.

Is your app suppose to show them on? It showed no one online even.

POKhER 10-19-2005 11:02 AM

Personally...
UNTILL I SEE THE SOURCE CODE I AM NOT TOUCHING IT
Virus scanners wont find jack didderly doo! They are crap for any viruses made.

Just a warning, personally i'd not touch it. Just find a good table and learn table selection! Money flows clockwise !

krimson 10-19-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded it a few min ago seems to work well virus scanner turned nothing up, looks safe to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think a virus scanner is going to detect whether this is sending your PP password back to homebase?

10-19-2005 12:26 PM

how would they even get my pp password

OrcaDK 10-19-2005 12:29 PM

Keylogger for instance.

10-19-2005 12:32 PM

well doesn't zone alarm catch that kinda stuff

10-19-2005 12:43 PM

We can assure you that there is nothing going on behind the scenes that can harm you in any way. If you are uncomfortable with beta testing software then downloading right now is not for you. If you like being ahead of the curve and trying out new things then go ahead and download and play around. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
FifthStreetDev

Prod1gy 10-19-2005 01:36 PM

Can you explain how to make this work? It shows all my buddies offline, but several are online, whats the trick?

10-19-2005 01:41 PM

We'd be happy to discuss this more via e-mail (support@fifthstreetdevelopment.com) but at first glance, if you are who I think you are...you don't have any buddies that are online at the moment. If you can find a buddy that is online that isn't shown in Poker Buddy please e-mail us a name and a site and we'll take a look at it.

FifthStreetDev

10-19-2005 03:15 PM

One quick question. Is your buddy sitting in a hold'em game? Poker Buddy will only show buddies who are actually sitting in a game.

FifthStreetDev

Prod1gy 10-19-2005 03:35 PM

Ok I see how it works now, thanks and yes it is working. Looks good.

CLC 10-19-2005 03:49 PM

How would you know who he is and that he has no buddies online at the moment. Are you able to "see" what his application is doing. I find this disturbing. I would be interested in knowing more about what information is being exchanged. could you elaborate???

Sniper 10-19-2005 04:31 PM

It would probably be useful to explain how your application works.

DeezNutz3 10-19-2005 05:06 PM

Very neat application that seems to be running well. Thanks for the work.

10-19-2005 05:19 PM

A couple of people have asked how our application works. In general terms we simply have servers that are scanning the lobbies for names of people playing and maintaining them in a database that we compare to your buddy lists. Nothing more.

As to the security concerns, the ultimate safeguard if you are truly concerned about a devious trojan associated with our application is to simply run it on a different computer than you are playing on. It doesn't even require that you be logged into a poker site for it to work.

FifthStreetDev

ShineOn 10-19-2005 09:15 PM

Just downloaded and it seems to be working just fine. Easy to add fish and track them down. ANOTHER USEFUL TOOL to add to my arsenal.

LVGamb00ler 10-20-2005 01:37 AM

It seems that you store my buddy list on your server. Is that true? I would find it easier to maintain my buddy list if it were stored locally. You may consider storing it in both places and simply send the updates relative to my previous local copy to your server. That should be pretty easy to do. You should send this list in clear text format to prevent complaints of privacy violations.

One downside to your current method is that when a player changes his name, it is not updated on your server. Party automatically updates all buddy lists to reflect new screenames.

I would prefer to assign a numerical ranking of my own by which I could sort the list of online buddies. This way you would not be providing any of the data and are less likely to run afoul of Party (or other's) T&C's.

I'm sorry if these thought are somewhat random....but I'm not paid enough to be organized! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BluffTHIS! 10-20-2005 09:52 PM

This sure is a neat way for the OP to make a massive buddy list at all limits on all those sites for his and his friends own use or in order to sell. And after they have enough 10-tablers poaching your favorite fishing holes, you will find the fish stocks depleted one day you cast your line. After a few months, you'll log on and not see any of your buddies online and wonder why. Then you'll find a few more buddies and the same thing will happen, but even faster.

This is a sucker play for lazy poker players.

stoxtrader 10-21-2005 10:47 AM

I've been using it for crypto and stars. works great for crypto. Stars I find that the information is slow....

LVGamb00ler 10-22-2005 10:46 AM

I'm experiencing program crashes regularily. Perhaps a resource leak somewhere. I'm running WinXP Pro all up to date with patches.

I do have PBuddy maxed out or very close to the limit of 500 buddies. Also, I've noticed that some of the buddies get the last character of their name dropped. I loaded almost all the entries from a file rather than individually. Also I think that when using the option to load from a file, PBuddy sometimes messes up and uses the category as the site name. IE... I use 'fish' as the category and the site should be Partypoker...but sometimes the entries appear as :fish:fish:screen_name when exported to a file.

bdk3clash 10-22-2005 03:49 PM

I'm having mixed success. UltimateBet seems to be working fine for players playing (but not for players seated but sitting out.)

PokerStars isn't working for two players who I can see are currently playing. Same with Crypto.

10-22-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I see how it works now, thanks and yes it is working. Looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this same feature was going to be in the next partymine....

bdk3clash 10-24-2005 03:24 PM

Is this product still supported? E-mails and PMs to the developer have gone unanswered. It still seems to work for Party and UB but not Crypto and PokerStars.

10-24-2005 05:58 PM

Hey guys,

Yes we are still supporting this product. We are currently beta testing hard to work out as many problems as possible with the software before we release it. Any problems you have please send them to support@fifthstreetdevelopment.com and we will fix them as fast as possible.

Thanks,
FifthStreetDev

BluffTHIS! 10-25-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This sure is a neat way for the OP to make a massive buddy list at all limits on all those sites for his and his friends own use or in order to sell. And after they have enough 10-tablers poaching your favorite fishing holes, you will find the fish stocks depleted one day you cast your line. After a few months, you'll log on and not see any of your buddies online and wonder why. Then you'll find a few more buddies and the same thing will happen, but even faster.

This is a sucker play for lazy poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

bdk3clash 10-25-2005 04:31 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that Poker Buddy support got in touch with me and the issues with Stars and Crypto seem to be resolved. I'm very impressed with this product.

To those who think this is some nefarious scheme to amass a list of bad Internet players: Surely there are easier ways to do this. Besides, I have added several 2+2ers and online poker "celebrities" and friends as my buddies, so the sample is going to be a bit skewed anyway.

bdk3clash 11-26-2005 01:29 PM

So PokerBuddy appears to be offline--the program doesn't load any players and the FifthStreetWhatever website says "Poker Buddy development and support is temporarily suspended. Check this page for further updates over the next few weeks."

What's going on?

LVGamb00ler 11-26-2005 03:18 PM

I just opened it and it seems to be working [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Luv2DriveTT 11-26-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

Yes we are still supporting this product. We are currently beta testing hard to work out as many problems as possible with the software before we release it. Any problems you have please send them to support@fifthstreetdevelopment.com and we will fix them as fast as possible.

Thanks,
FifthStreetDev

[/ QUOTE ]

There has only been one release so far, am I correct? Are any additional betas planned?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bdk3clash 12-06-2005 12:11 AM

Man I wish this program was still fully functional and supported. As of now it seems to only work with players on Party and not on any of the other networks.

Come back PokerBuddy!

Luv2DriveTT 12-06-2005 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I wish this program was still fully functional and supported. As of now it seems to only work with players on Party and not on any of the other networks.

Come back PokerBuddy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't even get it to work on party now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]