Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Party rakeback (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355002)

pyroponic 10-11-2005 01:14 AM

Party rakeback

It appears that there is an excellent chance that many of us who have lost rakeback will now be able to get a rate of about 25%. I don't know about you guys, but this is awesome news. I was starting to worry that I might have had to cut back on the lavish lifestyle that I have been accustomed to [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm curious how things would have changed if there was not going to be anymore rakeback on Party, how would this change things for pros/semi-pros (I'm assuming $5/10 6-max or higher).

wackjob 10-11-2005 01:17 AM

Re: Party rakeback

I think I'd wackoff a lot more.

Victor 10-11-2005 01:18 AM

i was gonna move up in stakes immediatelly so the rake has less effect.

pyroponic 10-11-2005 01:19 AM

Why not, what could be more satisfying than instant gratification?

intensify1 10-11-2005 01:19 AM

uhm....Ditto

pyroponic 10-11-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was gonna move up in stakes immediatelly so the rake has less effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha fu...

wackjob 10-11-2005 01:24 AM

Victor had a good idea there. I think that makes a lot of sense. Play higher stakes and less tables for me to counter the rake and lack of RB, while wacking off a lot more of course.

Jeff W 10-11-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that there is an excellent chance that many of us who have lost rakeback will now be able to get a rate of about 25%. I don't know about you guys, but this is awesome news.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone burns you with cigarette butts, you don't thank them for their kindness in not beating you with a bicycle chain. I am irate about Party's separation and their buddy-buddying with the affiliates to resume [censored] us in the ass.

Wtf did these affiliates do to earn thousands of dollars from me? It was bad enough when they were earning 2.5% of my rake, but now they are going to be gouging us for 5% with the tacit approval of Party Poker. Unbelievable.

angst 10-11-2005 01:26 AM

I have been scouting the rakeback forum obsessively the last couple of days, as I'm sure others here have as well. This is good news if it is legitimate and if it lasts. Thus far I have read so many conflicting things from apparently credible sources that I think I will wait it out a little.

pyroponic 10-11-2005 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Victor had a good idea there. I think that makes a lot of sense. Play higher stakes and less tables for me to counter the rake and lack of RB, while wacking off a lot more of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought, especially since they increase the rake recently from $2 to $3, although I think Victor might have been partially alluding to this thread:

Moving to full limit ring