Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=205508)

Brom 03-03-2005 02:56 PM

Re: A poll

I misread the OP. I thought the turn sequence went check-bet-call instead of the actual bet-call. Because of my misread I voted fold, but would have voted for a call had I been paying attention.

It looks to me a lot like the SB had a nut flush draw and figured the pot was big enough to take a stab at it on the river (this is the only real way to pull down this pot for him). Another factor would be that I would like to see if this unknown player is actually the tricky river type player. What better time to find out this information on a new player then the first hand you play with him? This is not a bad situation to find out that kind of information as there is also a fairly good chance that you do indeed have the best hand. You only need to have the best hand about 10% of the time to show a profit here.

My answer could have been different depending on whether ot not the UTG player timed out with disconnect protection. I can't see the OP right now but I think it was mentioned that he was folded out.

CardSharpCook 03-03-2005 03:31 PM

I think there may also be a difference btwn how we act and how we know we should act. I wonder how many of us actually fold here. Regardless, I think this is a should call anyway. The chance that he has missed is str8 or flush is too great.

However, odds are you're losing this hand -IMHO

CSC

DcifrThs 03-03-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30/60, fish raises UTG, you coldcall preflop on the button with 88, unknown in the SB coldcalls.

Flop:

2s3s4o, UTG bets, you raise, SB coldcalls, UTG times out and folds.

Turn:

3o.

Bet-call.

River:

Jo.

You bet, he checkraises, you...

[/ QUOTE ]

i voted call. it reeks of a draw.

-Barron

DcifrThs 03-03-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My rough quick math shows i have to be good 1/5 times with my bluff and 1/3 2+2ers fold, so yea, it's good.

... that's assuming a 2+2er would always have 66 77 88 99 here, AJs seems possible, maybe others.

[/ QUOTE ]

a thinking player would realize what was going on...by not checkraising the TURN, it gives too much of a chance for a call...

if you think you're going to make this play on the river then do it on the turn and bet the river if called on the turn...i think this gets you a fold way more often. plus you may get a free card on the turn.

but by not checkraising the turn, it looks so much like its a last ditch effort that id call here every time.

-Barron

CardSharpCook 03-03-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My rough quick math shows i have to be good 1/5 times with my bluff and 1/3 2+2ers fold, so yea, it's good.

... that's assuming a 2+2er would always have 66 77 88 99 here, AJs seems possible, maybe others.

[/ QUOTE ]

a thinking player would realize what was going on...by not checkraising the TURN, it gives too much of a chance for a call...

if you think you're going to make this play on the river then do it on the turn and bet the river if called on the turn...i think this gets you a fold way more often. plus you may get a free card on the turn.

but by not checkraising the turn, it looks so much like its a last ditch effort that id call here every time.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I agree with this reasoning if you are going to make this play but you mention the possibility of a free card on the turn which you are, in fact, paying $60 for (this is party 15, right).

I want to add that I am no longer a big fan of raising/chkRzing a flush draw. It is just so damn obvious and common.

CSC

BradL 03-03-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 3 bet the PF, why not isolate the fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

bernie 03-03-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
plus you may get a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you getting a free card on the turn?

b

DcifrThs 03-04-2005 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plus you may get a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you getting a free card on the turn?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

by attempting the c'r on the turn from the blinds you may whiff but still get a free card to opponents small pair or ace high when you're no good on the turn at the moment...

-Barron

1800GAMBLER 03-04-2005 08:09 AM

A free card on which street?

DeeJ 03-04-2005 09:21 AM

results?

You have well over 100 in the poll running @ 2:1 for calling.

So what happened?