Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   PP 3/6 6max flopped set, but feel uneasy on river. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352238)

Reqtech 10-07-2005 12:38 AM

PP 3/6 6max flopped set, but feel uneasy on river.

Villain seems like a good, thinking player after about 70 observed hands: 25/18/2.0 UTG is the reason that I'm this table: 90/35/1.5. I was 2 tabling at the time, so I was able to pay pretty good attention to my opponents.

The stop on the turn by villain with the raise on the river confused and scared me, though I feel I probably should have 3bet the river. I only have 2 hands that could beat me, but are they hands that I should have been legitimately scared of after the aggression I showed to this thinking player on the turn?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (17 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

jaxUp 10-07-2005 12:40 AM

Re: PP 3/6 6max flopped set, but feel uneasy on river.

yeah that looks pretty good here. Can't see anything I'd like to change.

MrWookie47 10-07-2005 12:43 AM

I think 99 is a very real fear, and calling is good. I'm not enthusiastic about preflop. His range is probably better than his typical stealing hands.

Reqtech 10-07-2005 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 99 is a very real fear, and calling is good. I'm not enthusiastic about preflop. His range is probably better than his typical stealing hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't feel his range would be that much better than stealing hands based on me thinking that there was a high probability that he was trying to isolate UTG, which is why I called.

MrWookie47 10-07-2005 12:56 AM

If you really thought he was stealing, then I'd consider 3betting.

Reqtech 10-07-2005 01:09 AM

Would I really have the equity for that, though? With the overcards, there's no way that I would be able to get UTG to fold if he got any piece (his went to showdown was around 60%). By 3 betting, I wasn't going to push him out of the pot, either. I also didn't want to blow BB out of the hand, even though they folded anyways.

My original plan in this hand was to try something tricky on the flop and/or turn if the flop was raggy enough.

Vote4Pedro 10-07-2005 01:32 AM

3bet or fold for sure...what are you doing with hands like AJ or AQ? Villians stats are extremely TAG, hes isolating with a shitload of hands.

Entity 10-07-2005 01:58 AM

3-betting is not good in this spot with the UTG already described. Calling isn't bad at all, as long as you're prepared to checkraise a lot of flops to try to get it HU with the retard. I'd probably 3-bet 88+ here, but 3-betting 77 when UTG won't fold and you'll just bloat the pot OOP is a bit much. As long as you're not playing nosetnobet, you'll be fine coldcalling here. Losing the initiative sucks, but if you're willing to c/r quite a few flops, it's probably a bit better than 3-betting.

Postflop is very good.

Rob

bottomset 10-07-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling isn't bad at all, as long as you're prepared to checkraise a lot of flops to try to get it HU with the retard

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG is the retard not the btn, how would c/r the flop get it HU with the retard, I'm pretty sure you just misread the reads .. if not I'm confused

nh

Nfinity 10-07-2005 08:26 AM

I've read in Small stakes that when a TAG is to your left you will find them Cold Calling a little more with things like AJo and Medium PPs. Is this a demonstration of that by you pre-flop? If not I'm for raise or fold here myself.

Edit: I didn't read the thread before I posted, it answered my question about pre-flop. Thanks.
Flop is fine.

On the Turn there are several things he could be doing,

He could have slowplayed his 99, thats a possibility.

He could be taking this opportunity with UTG raising to try and push you out and clean up some OC outs. The only way I can see him doing this is if he has the flush draw though.

You can make a case for him waiting for the Turn to protect a hand like TT or possibly even JJ

What I doubt you will see is this type of player slowplaying his AA on a flop like that and going nutty with it on the Turn.

I like your Turn cap and I think you should 3-bet the River.