Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why are people critical of PR software. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405990)

slavic 12-27-2005 04:40 PM

Why are people critical of PR software.

I've been playing around on Eurobet/Pokerroom for the last few days and I haven't seen much of a problem at all. I can understand people who like to see the other hands may have a problem but really I don't care. The action is fast you can set any kind of short table up you want and playing heads up is not a problem.

While I can't play the nickle dime headsup hold'em with DreamClown yet I'm sure someone will soon buy a piece of my action to do so. I figure he'll be a good warm up to taking on Eugene. Really the only thing I don't like is how they rake pots at the lower limits, but it's not terrible at all.

jba 12-27-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Why are people critical of PR software.

I agree, I think the software gets a bad rap on here.

my thoughts:

- it's fast, faster than party
- a table mod is required (on eurobet and hollywood at least, default graphics make my eyes bleed)
- when you are on a waiting list, the table pops up very quietly.. I play on my secondary monitor and it is easy to just not notice the table popup, and you have a very short time period to claim the seat. so that sucks.

RikaKazak 12-27-2005 04:51 PM

wait till you're playing, and then it just boots you off a table when you're 4 tabling and you're like, Where did my 4th table go? Used to happen a lot, now only happens once a week to me.

jba 12-27-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait till you're playing, and then it just boots you off a table when you're 4 tabling and you're like, Where did my 4th table go? Used to happen a lot, now only happens once a week to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has never happened to me and i've played 8k+ hands..

obsidian 12-27-2005 04:59 PM

I've played 200k+ hands and don't remember it happening. I have a friend though that it slowed his system down a lot (to the point where it seems locked up and folds his hands at other tables) when he closes a table with the windows close button instead of clicking on the leave table option.

brazilio 12-27-2005 05:08 PM

Saying how they rake lower limits at shorthanded "isn't terrible" is completely wrong. It's [censored] horrendous. Their software is crowded, it might be faster but it's also filled with [censored] on the screen everywhere. And if they're going to make it so difficult to set up a mod, [censored] them.

dibbs 12-27-2005 05:14 PM

Every PR skin I play at will crash every twenty minutes if I play more than one table, a single table runs fine though. I'd give them more play if I could somehow fix that.

12-27-2005 05:20 PM

I find Pokerroom's software to be slow, the graphics annoying, and the bonus clearance rate nothing short of glacial. The rake is no bargain either.

But what I really hate is getting removed from the table if I get disconnected, even if it's just for a couple seconds.

I see no reason to ever play there again.

SCfuji 12-27-2005 05:52 PM

try joining a few 1-table tournaments. they seem to merge as they fill up and run so i have to close the tables and reopen them one by one.