Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I might actually have to hedge this stupid bet.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359153)

kyro 10-17-2005 12:41 AM

I might actually have to hedge this stupid bet....

If anyone remembers, Bodog was offering an insane line in order to rope amateur bettors into their site. They had a line

"Wild Card team does not win WS" at (-120).

Now, I'm an amateur (re: terrible) bettor, but even I can see how great of a line this is.

Thing is, looks like Astros are going to get further than I thought. I had put $100 on this bet, and at the time I wasn't too concerned. I really thought the Astros had no chance to get to the WS and I figured if the Red Sox did, well then hell, I just paid $100 to see them win again.

But $100 is a lot to me. So as long as the Astros are bigger dogs than +120 in the series, I most likely will put some money down to ensure I get paid something...or at the very least lose nothing.

So I ask you, if the Astros don't choke and make it to the WS. What do you see the line being set at?

lastchance 10-17-2005 12:55 AM

Re: I might actually have to hedge this stupid bet....

They had that kind of a line? Friggin insane.

craig r 10-17-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone remembers, Bodog was offering an insane line in order to rope amateur bettors into their site. They had a line

"Wild Card team does not win WS" at (-120).

Now, I'm an amateur (re: terrible) bettor, but even I can see how great of a line this is.

Thing is, looks like Astros are going to get further than I thought. I had put $100 on this bet, and at the time I wasn't too concerned. I really thought the Astros had no chance to get to the WS and I figured if the Red Sox did, well then hell, I just paid $100 to see them win again.

But $100 is a lot to me. So as long as the Astros are bigger dogs than +120 in the series, I most likely will put some money down to ensure I get paid something...or at the very least lose nothing.

So I ask you, if the Astros don't choke and make it to the WS. What do you see the line being set at?

[/ QUOTE ]

HOU -1000000000

FWIW, I am kidding, I just wanted you to see your worst situation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

craig

DougOzzzz 10-17-2005 08:54 AM

I don't see them being much worse than +120. If $100 is really that much to you, then worst case you should be able to cut your losses down to a few dollars.

lorinda 10-17-2005 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They had that kind of a line? Friggin insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was almost certainly a clever promotion, it was $100 max.

Lori

lorinda 10-17-2005 09:15 AM

Chicago are already around -115 and that factors in the chance that they might face STL.

Lori

Vince Young 10-17-2005 06:06 PM

You can get Houston +153 to win the WS right now on Pinny.

Link

kdog 10-17-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get Houston +153 to win the WS right now on Pinny

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like good value with their pitching. I don't expect a whole lot of runs in a White Sox/Astros series.

kyro 10-17-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get Houston +153 to win the WS right now on Pinny.

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. Thanks Vince. I looked on Pinny the other day and didn't see anything but I guess it's time to cut my losses now and just take $10 or whatever it is I can make.

*Edit* It's down now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Vince Young 10-18-2005 09:13 AM

+251 now