Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ATs. What's your turn action? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=228290)

afk 04-08-2005 02:15 AM

ATs. What\'s your turn action?

I was very new to the table and thus had no reliable reads on anyone in this hand.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Hero .... Easily folds? Calls down?

wackjob 04-08-2005 02:43 AM

Re: ATs. What\'s your turn action?

I like the call down here, even if most of the time you are beat. Simply I want a read against the player &amp; I'm hoping the xtra bet I may put in will easily pay back by getting that read by seeing his cards.

sy_or_bust 04-08-2005 02:53 AM

The pot is too big to fold the turn, but blindly calling down is bad too.

I would call the raise, believing you're behind, unless you have something more substantial on BB's tendencies to slowplay TPWK. I only call the river on an ace, ten, or paired board.

afk 04-08-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is too big to fold the turn, but blindly calling down is bad too.

I would call the raise, believing you're behind, unless you have something more substantial on BB's tendencies to slowplay TPWK. I only call the river on an ace, ten, or paired board.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you put him on when the unknown check-3bets two people on the turn?

Kasumeat 04-08-2005 03:13 AM

99 seems the most likely, A8 or A9 are both possible as well.

Victor 04-08-2005 05:01 AM

well, i used to always think to say f-it and just call down.

after today i think that again.

your opp could have an overplayed ace, or 2pair which you have many outs to beat. he could also have a set which sux.

anyway i dont really like your turn raise. usually if i show some strength and someone comes at me on the turn i get passive and try to get to showdown with weaker (bet still decent) hands.