Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   getting serious with SNG's - software question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269856)

Che 06-10-2005 03:30 AM

getting serious with SNG\'s - software question

OK, so my monitor is due to arrive tomorrow. Now I need to know what software I need...

Here are the names that are floating in my head:

1. PokerTracker
2. Gametime
3. Playerview
4. Poker Prophecy

Which of these do I *need*?

Which are just kinda cool?

Which suck?

Why?

Thanks a ton,
Che

iMsoLucky0 06-10-2005 03:35 AM

Re: getting serious with SNG\'s - software question

None of those are necessary. Aleo's Spreadsheet's newest version is though. If you want to use pokertracker/gametime or playerview get it, but by no means is it necessary. Pokerprophecy is just kind of a neat thing to have. You can look up stats for random people that you want to know about (but it is very unaccurate).

What level SNGs are you going to be playing? How mnay at a time?

freemoney 06-10-2005 03:36 AM

for sit n gos i dont think pokertracker is important, at least i dont use it, prophecy is kinda amusing, and helps to confirm suspicions on real solid players and real fish. the SNG tracker that hood has created, i dont have the link, is really cool and convenient. also SNG PowerTools i think alot of the better posters have recommended but i havent used it.

Hood 06-10-2005 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the SNG tracker that hood has created, i dont have the link, is really cool and convenient.

[/ QUOTE ]

sng.pokercomment.com

DonButtons 06-10-2005 05:43 AM

spread sheet is all you need.

pokerprophecy can help pin point all the regulars/donks, and it helps when making borderline decisions.

pokertracker is nice, but too much work for me, I didnt like importing 25-50 sng hh files every night...

deathpotato 06-10-2005 06:12 AM

As freemoney said, if you're relatively new to SNGs, or even just feel like you have a slightly incomplete understanding of the ICM and bubble strategy, I think Eastbay's tool (SNG power tools) is really invaluable. You can learn a lot by playing around and tweaking variables and observing what impact they have on players' equity. As the bubble is crucial to winning play, this is almost certainly a good investment for a serious player.

brimstone1 06-10-2005 07:02 AM

Playerview and gametime are the same thing, and, they're free to download and use.

I discourage anyone buying Pokerprophecy just to "discourage" pokerprophecy from spamming the [censored] out of poker tables.

If they actually become successful by spamming the tables, this BS will go through the roof.

Plus, their sample DB is quite inaccurate.

Pokertracker is a pretty damn good way of keeping track of stuff, replay tournes, go over hands, etc.

But, if you're -only- going to "play" SnGs and not really go back and go over your own plays, watch yourself, the spreadsheet is more than enough to keep track of your bankroll.

Edit: oh, yeah, "eastbay and his tool" rule -- again, only if you're going to study and work towards improvement. otherwise, just enjoy yourself and I hope I see you at the tables =D

viennagreen 06-10-2005 07:04 AM

i think prophecy is worth it... don't depend on it being accurate for players that it has tracked less than 100 SNGs for though... in actuality, it's a pretty crappy piece of software, but does pay for itself.

eastbay's SNG tool is definitely valuable

and some good spirits--- grey goose and bombay sapphire are my choices--- to ease the pain of the rough patches.

rickr 06-10-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playerview and gametime are the same thing, and, they're free to download and use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the same thing, and from my understanding Playerview now costs like $50

Later,
Rick

curtains 06-10-2005 08:43 AM

Why is the spreadsheet thing better than Pokertracker? I don't understand, what does it do that PT doesnt?