Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=117574)

cab4656 08-27-2004 07:55 PM

QQ hand

After all the action preflop and on the flop, I was ready to call down, fearing AA or KK.

Was the turn check alright? I don't think it was too bad, but now I think betting out (and calling down if raised) might've been better.

Since he checked behind on the turn, I should've bet the river. I'm not sure what I was thinking there. I think I was just so surprised that he checked behind on the turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (9.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

Piiop 08-27-2004 08:17 PM

Re: QQ hand

With no A's or K's on the board, I would bet again on the turn - I'm not convinced he has AA or KK yet.

After he checks the turn you MUST bet the river.

Luv2DriveTT 08-27-2004 10:54 PM

Am I the only one who would attempt to check-raise the flop, seeing that the Button capped the pre-flop raise?

Entity 08-27-2004 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who would attempt to check-raise the flop, seeing that the Button capped the pre-flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Being head's up against the preflop capper, I don't think it's necessary. It shows strength, but so does betting the flop after calling a preflop cap.

I'd probably bet the turn as well here, call a raise, and check the river if raised on the turn. If called on the turn, I bet out again.

As it is, you need to bet this river. You'll be shown TT, JJ, AK, and even AQ often enough to make this a value bet.

Rob

Mikey2k4 08-28-2004 12:16 AM

What if you bet the river and you get re-raised? Is that a call or fold?

(I don't know the answer - I'm curious what people think.)

bisonbison 08-28-2004 05:30 AM

What if you bet the river and you get re-raised? Is that a call or fold?

(I don't know the answer - I'm curious what people think.)

You should bet the river and call. Folding would be terrible.

sin808 08-28-2004 06:05 AM

I would probably lead the turn and see if he raised me there. Since you didn't I think you have to bet the river.

Chris Daddy Cool 08-28-2004 06:08 AM

You HAVE to bet this river.

Peter Harris 08-28-2004 08:31 AM

bet the river after they check the turn.

Regards,
Pete Harris