Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   playing like crappo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400786)

oreogod 12-18-2005 02:13 PM

playing like crappo?

No real reads.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bet/folds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No reads here. Prolly a good fold, hate ppl that take this line.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds.

TStoneMBD 12-18-2005 03:50 PM

Re: playing like crappo?

just call the flop in hand one but a flop raise is ok if you can get a free card... but you should take it. even if youre heads up take it. he has a hand and hes not folding it. after SB calls 2 on the flop what were you thinking with your turn bet?? just hope to catch tooopare on the river and if you dont fold before they get a chance to bet.

Spicymoose 12-18-2005 03:54 PM

Hand 2 seems like a classic trap. You can't really bet for value, and you don't have to worry all that much about a free card. I check the turn because I want to see a showdown with my pretty strong hand, yet know he is raising the turn a ton.

Jdanz 12-18-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 seems like a classic trap. You can't really bet for value, and you don't have to worry all that much about a free card. I check the turn because I want to see a showdown with my pretty strong hand, yet know he is raising the turn a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

dave44 12-18-2005 11:05 PM

I agree with what's been said. Check the turn in hand 1- you're behind too often. Check-call the turn in hand 2. His check behind on this flop means he's up to no good. I've found they'll pretty much bet the turn with any 2 cards. Just get to showdown cheaply.

wackjob 12-18-2005 11:20 PM

Hand 1: I like a raise for a free card.
Hand 2: I'd fold PF.

Spicymoose 12-18-2005 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Booooooo!

Alex/Mugaaz 12-19-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Booooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]

12-19-2005 03:44 AM

I would just peel in hand 1. I would fold without the backdoor. I'm perfectly content to check it to him again in hand 2. Nothing to protect, nothing to charge. Let him stab with 88 or something.

Also, if you fold there pre-flop I will shoot you. With bullets.

flawless_victory 12-19-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just peel in hand 1. I would fold without the backdoor. I'm perfectly content to check it to him again in hand 2. Nothing to protect, nothing to charge. Let him stab with 88 or something.

Also, if you fold there pre-flop I will shoot you. With bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]i agree w/ this guy.