Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How about a summary of Post-Flop lines? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386557)

BugsBunny 11-28-2005 10:34 AM

Re: How about a summary of Post-Flop lines?

Not always - it can be a very strong semi-bluff play, but it depends on the board and the opp and how he views you. As a standard line I agree though.

PygmyHero 11-28-2005 10:35 AM

Hi OP -

You may want to check out a post I made here. There are 4 links to threads discussing WA/WB, and then the bottom one (don't be fooled by the post name), is a great resource where Shillx gives an explanation and example of 5-6 different lines he uses.

I once read a great explanation of the stop and go by Nate tha' Great, but I can't find it right now. I will edit / re-post if I find it later.

waffle 11-28-2005 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So what sort of hand would you usually do this with? Is this the hepfap thing you do with AK on an ace high board when your opponent is often taking shots when you give up on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it with strong hands against people who:

1.) automatically bet when checked to
and
2.) can't fold

damaniac 11-28-2005 11:23 AM

Yeah, against aggro players I like to c/r TPGK hands, especially if I've been on a stealing bend lately. It often gets them to bet a hand which they would have folded otherwise (folding to the raise but giving up an extra bet), or to put in two bets instead of 1 with TPWK or middle pair or something. I notice most players simply can't fold a decent hand to this line.

dealer_toe 11-28-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
screwplaying with missed overs is burning money imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what sort of hand would you usually do this with? Is this the hepfap thing you do with AK on an ace high board when your opponent is often taking shots when you give up on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it With a set on boards that I think villain doesn't want me to see the river for free.

Monty Cantsin 11-28-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You may want to check out a post I made here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impressive thread, man. Very nice work.

/mc

PS. Oblivion rocks.

IGMorton 11-28-2005 01:48 PM

excellent detailed response. thanks.

PygmyHero 12-03-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once read a great explanation of the stop and go by Nate tha' Great, but I can't find it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I found it.

Sorry it took me so long.