Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Flop Nut Flush with an Ugly Turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332137)

donkey 09-08-2005 01:25 AM

Flop Nut Flush with an Ugly Turn

2/4 NL
just sat down, no reads.
I have 400, Villain has 400.

Villain (UTG+1) raises to 12. 4 callers. I call on the button with Ad6d. Blinds fold.

Flop is KdTd2d. Villain leads for 20. everyone folds to CO who goes all in for 80. I pretend like i'm thinking for a minute and finally smooth call. Villain thinks for a while also and eventually calls.

The turn is the ugly, ugly Ts. Villain checks, i check behind.

River is another ugly card , the As. Villain bets 80. I fold.

Was my flop play bad? should i bet the turn to find out if it's KKK or just AA? do i need to call this river? i figured since there's an all-in player, villains small bet is for value, not to bluff me out of a dry sidepot.

any comments appreciated.

flawless_victory 09-08-2005 01:48 AM

Re: Flop Nut Flush with an Ugly Turn

[ QUOTE ]

River is another ugly card , the As. Villain bets 80. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]HOLY SH!T. LOL.

psyduck 09-08-2005 02:01 AM

Wow, just wow.

creedofhubris 09-08-2005 02:22 AM

Dude. I'm going to say two words to you, and those two words are

pot odds

09-08-2005 02:52 AM

Villain could easily have AK and you're getting the right odds to find out.

Lucky 09-08-2005 03:06 AM

what percentage of your showdowns are you winning...if its over 75%, that may not be good.

captZEEbo1 09-08-2005 03:24 AM

you are not very good at poker, no offense. A boat will bet river a lot bigger, especially given that card, since you can easily have a straight now. If I had AK, I'd blocking bet here. Also, you should bet the turn....

MTBlue 09-08-2005 04:35 AM

I love this limit. No nuts=no call of any bet over 60 (15 BB).

ChewyMint 09-08-2005 05:49 AM

Welp, at least you chose the correct 2+2 username.

ChewyMint

09-08-2005 10:08 AM

This reminds me of a hand that came up this weekend at a 1/3 nl game. 3 handed going to the flop, all hearts $50 in the pot. Check, bet for like $30, call, call. Turn is a blank, check, check, bet of like $50, call call. River pairs the board, this guy wakes up and bets $200, fold to the guy with 800 in front, thinks for like three minutes, is halfway to mucking, but reluctantly calls and flips over king high flush. I was like dude, you have no balls, what are you thinking about. but at least he called, and i guess he was only king high, but i remember wanting to go over to his seat hit him over the head with his beer bottle and take his chips. it really made me sick