Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stud/8 Tourney - Crippled by Jon (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396538)

greenage 12-12-2005 01:05 AM

Stud/8 Tourney - Crippled by Jon

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level VIII (300/600), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (converter)

Hero: 2,896
Seat 2: 4,896
Seat 3: 10,446
Seat 4: 3,465
Seat 7: 2,105
Seat 8: 6,192

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.50 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.50 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.50 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (8.50 BB)

Results:
Total pot 5100

Hero: [9c 5h 2h Ac 2s 4d Ah]

Seat 3: [4s 3c Kc 4h Kd 7c Kh] (HI: a full house, Kings full of Fours)

benwood 12-12-2005 01:43 AM

Re: Stud/8 Tourney - Crippled by Jon

4th:Nice bet.
5th:I think you've got to lay it down at this point.Too likely that you're just trying to back-door a low for 1/2.

jon_1van 12-12-2005 02:49 AM

Did you consider check raising?

Because if you check, you either
-Represent a very strong hand
-Get a free card which could then allow you to lead with a very scary board into a small pot (and increase your chances of winning uncontested)

Keep in mind that if you CR you better be willing to fire every street regardless of what you catch (unless I pair my K door)

Andy B 12-12-2005 02:59 AM

Fold third. Fold fifth.

blumpkin22 12-12-2005 04:01 AM

You do realize it's 8 or better, not 9 or better, right?

imported_getfunky 12-12-2005 05:35 PM

quote: You do realize it's 8 or better, not 9 or better, right?

It's funny, a bit negative, but to the point. This is not hold'em, you don't need to defend your forced bet. Even with 823, you should fold as heads up your hand sucks.

jon_1van 12-12-2005 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quote: You do realize it's 8 or better, not 9 or better, right?

It's funny, a bit negative, but to the point. This is not hold'em, you don't need to defend your forced bet. Even with 823, you should fold as heads up your hand sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold 823 in the BI. You will frequently be making a mistake once the real ante stealing fest begins.

greenage 12-12-2005 05:49 PM

I don’t know why I posted this hand. I know better than to defend my BI with that garbage and to make that fold on fifth.

I think what was on my mind when I threw the post together was something like this: This was the final table of our 3-table tourney. I was fortunate enough to have made the final table and then I just threw it away. Let’s share my shame and lesson.

BTW, congrats Jon, you ran thru that tourney like a juggernaut.

imported_getfunky 12-12-2005 08:54 PM

good for you for posting a hand you knew would receive criticism - i think a lot of us could learn from that as well! we all have ugly hands lurking in our hand histories.

Spladle Master 12-13-2005 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold third. Fold fifth.

[/ QUOTE ]