Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Class President Robs Bank after running up Poker Debt (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398516)

banditbdl 12-14-2005 06:55 PM

Class President Robs Bank after running up Poker Debt

Nice work buddy, apparently not the brightest criminal or poker player

Robbing Banks

School Paper

Edited to add school paper link.

istewart 12-14-2005 06:56 PM

Re: Class President Robs Bank after running up Poker Debt

[ QUOTE ]
I regularly browse MTV.com for my news

[/ QUOTE ]

FYT

banditbdl 12-14-2005 07:00 PM

Actually, I got an email from a friend sarcastically instructing me not to rob any banks after seeing it on TV.

callmedonnie 12-14-2005 07:01 PM

I'm sure there are ways (obviously there are) but how do you rack up debt through online sites? Only thing I know of is credit cards. I just thought when the money ran out, you couldn't play any more.

slickpoppa 12-14-2005 07:03 PM

This is a dumb question, but how do people accumulate debt through online poker? The only way I know of getting money to a poker site is through a bank account since almost all credit cards dont deal with gambling sites. Anyone?

tpir90036 12-14-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a dumb question, but how do people accumulate debt through online poker? The only way I know of getting money to a poker site is through a bank account since almost all credit cards dont deal with gambling sites. Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question. My theory has always been that people were getting cash advances against their credit card and using those to fund their checking accounts/neteller, etc. Those will add up in a hurry. The fees are brutal enough not counting the 17% or whatever that gets tacked on every month.

12-14-2005 07:54 PM

Interest on cash advances is accrued at about 24.99%

Not to mention there is an upfront fee (I think 3%) just to go through with it.

I know this through experience. Not good. But all that debt is gone now finally.

Plus, when I made my initial deposit on PP, I used a credit card. I got a phone call and the Indian fellow said to me that the bank that my Visa was backed by (some bank in S. Dakota), did not allow gambling. Then the guy told me in as many words that they'd "fix that", and basically after about 5 minutes said "OK, everything is fine now."

Whatever.

TwoNiner 12-15-2005 05:20 AM

Why do I get the feeling that douchebag senator will be bringing this up in the near future.

Burno 12-15-2005 06:17 AM

Anybody know his SN?

As much as this sort of thing entertains me, this is not good for any of us. Daddy is obviously rich and I'm sure this isn't his son's fault, the online poker is to blame.

Klepton 12-15-2005 07:43 AM

lol, he got away with $2,781.