Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can we have a philosophy forum? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249438)

Joe826 05-10-2005 03:29 PM

Can we have a philosophy forum?

It seems totally necessary to me at this point. All this religion stuff (i.e. philosophy stuff) is getting mixed in with completely separate psychology stuff and it detracts from the main purpose of this forum.

Additionally, I think a philosophy forum would be fun, and I can think of at least a few who would probably participate in various discussions (that I hope extend beyond Christianity).

etgryphon 05-10-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Can we have a philosophy forum?

[ QUOTE ]
It seems totally necessary to me at this point. All this religion stuff (i.e. philosophy stuff) is getting mixed in with completely separate psychology stuff and it detracts from the main purpose of this forum.

Additionally, I think a philosophy forum would be fun, and I can think of at least a few who would probably participate in various discussions (that I hope extend beyond Christianity).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...Even though I just posted another philosophy post.

-Gryph

Bodhi 05-10-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All this religion stuff (i.e. philosophy stuff)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Joe826 05-10-2005 03:54 PM

No? Religion isn't philosophy?

Aytumious 05-10-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No? Religion isn't philosophy?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you originally posted reads as philosophy being a part of religion.

Aytumious 05-10-2005 03:59 PM

Also, I think a philosophy forum is a good idea. With all the threads that are related to philosophy, as well as the amount of traffic they create, it certainly makes sense that there would be a separate forum for strictly philosophical questions.

Joe826 05-10-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The way you originally posted reads as philosophy being a part of religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I get it now. Sorry to offend, Bodhi [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. That's not what I meant at all.

Mat Sklansky 05-10-2005 04:18 PM

I'm all for new forums and any new topic that seems to have wide appeal should eventually be implemented.Chuck is the one who makes these things actually happen, and wants them to occur gradually. The sports forum will come first, what's next will be the result of member input. Maybe philosophy. You'll have to wait a few weeks, however.

Mat

krimson 05-10-2005 04:20 PM

Considering this forum is around 50% philosophy anyways I think it would be a well warranted addition.

Joe826 05-10-2005 04:22 PM

Cool so I guess everyone who's in favor of one should just post here?