Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   not so sure about this hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380189)

yvesaint 11-17-2005 07:20 AM

not so sure about this hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP ($406.50)
Button ($121.60)
SB ($697.50)
BB ($573.60)
Hero ($1192.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $28</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($58) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

Turn: ($208) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

River: ($358) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks

alright im 99% sure he has an overpair, other 1% is reserved for the rare times he has AK

my 7, 8, and clubs are all good outs

how do i maximize value? he will probably go to the felt with even 88 here, so i didnt feel like raising flop/turn was gonna do me any good, especially with the great price he's offering me on the turn

i definitely think he will pay off, even if he has like TT and the Ac falls

he called a re-raise from button with AJs against my KK and went all-in on a 9TT flop with his draw and spiked an A

how much do i bet on river? he's got about pot left

AllIn3High 11-17-2005 07:28 AM

Re: not so sure about this hand

I'd go with half pot, you didn't exactly hit the most welldisguised of your draws. I doubt most sane players are paying off with their entire stack here with an overpair.

I like your play on both flop and turn.

yvesaint 11-17-2005 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with half pot

[/ QUOTE ]

are you at my table or something???

oh yeah. you are. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AllIn3High 11-17-2005 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with half pot

[/ QUOTE ]

are you at my table or something???

oh yeah. you are. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see this hand go down tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GG, don't really feel like playing 3 handed vs. you and some unknown.

yvesaint 11-17-2005 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't see this hand go down tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GG, don't really feel like playing 3 handed vs. you and some unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got absolutely card. dead. after you joined. playing with 2+2ers = bad mojo

Morrek 11-17-2005 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he will probably go to the felt with even 88 here, so i didnt feel like raising flop/turn was gonna do me any good, especially with the great price he's offering me on the turn

i definitely think he will pay off, even if he has like TT and the Ac falls

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still raise this flop, but failing to do that, the turn is good unless you think you can push him off a clearly better hand(seems no). River standard is as you probably know ~half-pot but I guess you can "make a play" and "bluff the scarecard" with an allin if you think it'll work semi-often(as you seem to be thinking, so why not?)

AllIn3High 11-17-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would still raise this flop, but failing to do that, the turn is good unless you think you can push him off a clearly better hand(seems no).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have very low fold equity on the flop, after that overbet I think he'll be willing to go to the felt w/ his.

Morrek 11-17-2005 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you have very low fold equity on the flop, after that overbet I think he'll be willing to go to the felt w/ his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, yes , didn't notice it was an overbet... what do you think of a push here, then? you can't really hope for much better flops than these with SCs in raised pots, and you must have some fold equity then?

yvesaint 11-17-2005 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, yes , didn't notice it was an overbet... what do you think of a push here, then? you can't really hope for much better flops than these with SCs in raised pots, and you must have some fold equity then?

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy is not folding an overpair (my read, though of course can be wrong, maybe he plays different with full buy-in or more)

and i just ran the numbers, it's still an absolute coinflip against an overpair .... with this im still not sure whether waiting to hit since i know exactly his holdings is better than trying to raise somewhere on the flop

djoyce003 11-17-2005 09:22 AM

even a total donkey isn't paying off with an overpair here...the board has a the threeflush and a 4 straight on it...the most obvious draw just got there and you played the hand exactly like you were drawing...your hand isn't real disguised.....i'd make a half-pot to 3/4 pot bet here...whatever I think he might call....if you think this guy might like to make "big calls" on the river to snap off bluffs you could consider a push because it looks more like a bluff than a half pot bet...but that's read dependent....absent a read I make a half pot bet which looks like you are taking a stab at the pot.