Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What is your rent? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328417)

bdk3clash 09-02-2005 03:47 PM

What is your rent?

I'm making a "useful" OOT thread to atone for my sin yesterday to IndieMatty.

I'm going to reserve this thread for renters only. Include your rent, location, and a description of your domicile.

[b]-$875/month
-South Side Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York. (It's close to the "good" part of Williamsburg, but some people might find the neighbhorhood a bit sketchy. It's about a 6 minute walk to the Lorimer/Metropolitan L stop for those familiar with the area.)
-4th floor walkup studio apartment
-The building can alternately be described as "charming" or "delapidated," but I don't really care.
-Fits my needs pretty well

mmbt0ne 09-02-2005 03:51 PM

Re: What is your rent?

-$450/month + utilities (75ish) w/ 3 roomates
-Atlanta. Like, ATLANTA. I'm ~2 miles down North Avenue from Varsity and BoA building, and about a half mile before the Masquerade.
-Kind of like a duplex, only split b/n top and bottom floor.
-Well, it's kinda ghetto on the outside, but the inside is really nice. All hardwood floors throughout, big rooms, huge closets, and connected bathrooms for every bedroom.
-It works well. I'd like to have covered parking, but with 8 cars out back, that would be hard.

IndieMatty 09-02-2005 03:52 PM

You are forgetting to mention the perks, such as the sexually confused hipster girls who live downstairs.

bdk3clash 09-02-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to have covered parking, but with 8 cars out back, that would be hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
You and your housemates have (on average) two cars each?

MelchyBeau 09-02-2005 03:53 PM

900 a month. I had to sign a 1 year lease, otherwise it would have been 1050 I think.

1 bedroom, in Poway, Ca (San Diego).
2nd floor, gated parkinglot, but my apartment faces the street.

The complex is in good condition.

Melch

mmmmmbrother 09-02-2005 03:53 PM

while i was in monreal this summer i had a 4 bedroom gound floor apartment downtown with this crazy little garden/backyard for 1200 canadaian so tahts like 4 dollars american each person, (okay maybe like 250)

montreal is amazingly cheap and just straight amazing.

peterchi 09-02-2005 03:53 PM

$900/month (with roommate; $450 each)
Baltimore, near Johns Hopkins undergrad campus
3rd floor of row house
2 bedroom, 1 bathroom
Central Air/Heat
Free outdoor parking
edit: No washer/dryer

We haven't paid any utilities yet, but apparently we were supposed to. So I guess we're gonna start doing that now.

Alobar 09-02-2005 03:54 PM

$1,100/month for a house in a decently nice area of Phoenix (ahwatukee). 3bdrm 2bath, with a pool

Edge34 09-02-2005 03:54 PM

-$275 a month
-3 bedroom apartment in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Like 3 minutes away from my campus and the football stadium.
-Fairly well taken care of building, all college students living here. Pool. A/C, free parking.
-Fits my needs exactly.

kenberman 09-02-2005 03:55 PM

$1700 for a 1300 sq foot 3 bedroom with 2 full bathrooms, 3 parking spots, private (free) washer/dryer, in a good neighborhood in Somerville, MA.

great deal!