Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Small Pocket Pairs in the blinds (theory discussion) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405022)

Larimani 12-25-2005 03:39 PM

Small Pocket Pairs in the blinds (theory discussion)

I've been looking through my PT data and have realised that I'm losing money with 66, 55, 44, 33, 22.

I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong & I have a suspect. I think I play small PP correctly in position but I think I'm messing up OOP...

The question is what do you do with a small pocket pair in the blinds when facing a pre-flop raise (no limpers. no cold callers). I know there are many factors to consider here but it's those factors that I'd like to discuss...

Mercman572 12-25-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Small Pocket Pairs in the blinds (theory discussion)

against someone that raises far too much and a PFR>5 BB I fold it. If a player is overly weaktight but has a wide range preflop I also fold it. My theory being that he's often not raising solid hands he wants to showdown and I can't stack him nearly enough to make this preflop call profitable.

12-25-2005 05:11 PM

I have found that PP's under 6 are usually losers in EP when you are facing a PFR. You don't hit the set that often (1 to 7) and when you don't it is usually a check fold. I don't think the implied odds are that great either for your hand unless you hit a nice flop that hits his hand as well.

12-25-2005 05:53 PM

i normally fold with anything less then 66 vs a raise, unless SB or Button raises me, i go with my reads. If no one raises i limp in and take it from there.

Larimani 12-25-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have found that PP's under 6 are usually losers in EP when you are facing a PFR. You don't hit the set that often (1 to 7) and when you don't it is usually a check fold. I don't think the implied odds are that great either for your hand unless you hit a nice flop that hits his hand as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

with <50BB stacks that's my thoughts as well... Is this the general consensus? Any reference from trusted 2+2 authors / high-limit players?

Fallen Hero 12-25-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with <50BB stacks that's my thoughts as well... Is this the general consensus? Any reference from trusted 2+2 authors / high-limit players?

[/ QUOTE ]

6max or full?

Larimani 12-25-2005 09:37 PM

6-max

Fallen Hero 12-25-2005 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6-max

[/ QUOTE ] raise them yourself and see how that works.

Larimani 12-25-2005 09:48 PM

what kind of an answer is that?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Fallen Hero 12-25-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of an answer is that?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i didn't remember the original post, i thought you were talking about pp's oop in general, not only in the blinds.

Answering your question, if the raiser is tight call, if not (and if he raises late) try reraising or poting a low card flop.