Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KK pre-flop - "To fold or not to fold - that is the question" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394623)

theblitz 12-09-2005 01:05 AM

KK pre-flop - \"To fold or not to fold - that is the question\"

Villain is VP$IP 62% and 12% PFR.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($28.05)
UTG ($24.72)
Hero ($24.35)
Button ($37.69)
SB ($74.31)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $1</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $1.75</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.65, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $5</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $8.25</font>, SB calls $6.50, Hero ?

12-09-2005 01:09 AM

Re: KK pre-flop - \"To fold or not to fold - that is the question\"

hero pushes

deaders 12-09-2005 01:35 AM

There was a thread like this yesterday. The answer is just dont fold kings preflop.

I'd start another thread but here might be ok - when is it ok to fold QQ preflop in a small stakes NL game, if ever?

wegs the wegs 12-09-2005 01:44 AM

Never fold KK preflop at these stakes. Never

yvesaint 12-09-2005 01:49 AM

the only question is how can i get QQ/JJ to come with me all the way

Mercman572 12-09-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a thread like this yesterday. The answer is just dont fold kings preflop.

I'd start another thread but here might be ok - when is it ok to fold QQ preflop in a small stakes NL game, if ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the read or action tells you that you're beat. It depends on table conditions. I limpraised because of a maniac at the table today, except that the original raisor was only 30/1 after 75 hands instead of the maniac. He 3 Bet pushed. I called with KK. I would have folded QQ here b ut could not convince myself to do it with kings.

Fallen Hero 12-09-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the read or action tells you that you're beat. It depends on table conditions. I limpraised because of a maniac at the table today, except that the original raisor was only 30/1 after 75 hands instead of the maniac. He 3 Bet pushed. I called with KK. I would have folded QQ here b ut could not convince myself to do it with kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the action tells you you're beat with QQ, than it tells you you're either tying or beat with KK (like in your example)

Isura 12-09-2005 02:55 AM

These kinds of threads need to stop. 2+2 now has a bad beats forum.

PokerFink 12-09-2005 03:24 AM

Short answer: Do not fold KK preflop in SSNL.

Long answer: Do not fold KK preflop in SSNL EVER, unless very deep.

Bukem_ 12-09-2005 03:38 AM

You guys really need to get something like that dinosaur/autobot they have in SH forum for questions such as these.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, no idea how to search for it.