Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Please help me settle a football argument-Colts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374223)

Indiana 11-08-2005 11:45 AM

Please help me settle a football argument-Colts

Big argument at work today. You know that the colts have some salary cap issues right now. If you had to decide, who would you keep? Marvin Harrison or Ed. James?

Thanks,

Indy

Wes ManTooth 11-08-2005 11:56 AM

Re: Please help me settle a football argument-Colts

no... instead rework Stokley's horrible contract.

CCass 11-08-2005 11:57 AM

Given that I had to keep one or the other, I would keep Harrison. James has had a lot of carries and a lot of hits, and I think that makes him the riskier of the two.

I think it is possible that Indy doesn't re-sign either at the end of the season.

Soul Daddy 11-08-2005 12:00 PM

Harrison is 6 years older than Edge. He is arguably not even the best receiver on the team at this point and will almost certainly not be going forward.

Jack of Arcades 11-08-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrison is 6 years older than Edge. He is arguably not even the best receiver on the team at this point and will almost certainly not be going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge easy.

Hornacek 11-08-2005 12:05 PM

Edge. A shorter deal though, as RBs have a short shelf life. With their D doing so well, I could see them taking a shot at a WR in the draft. No better way to develop a WR than to build his confidence with lots of TD catches from Manning. (well, it works in Madden)

imported_CaseClosed326 11-08-2005 12:18 PM

Edge

brettbrettr 11-08-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big argument at work today. You know that the colts have some salary cap issues right now. If you had to decide, who would you keep? Marvin Harrison or Ed. James?

Thanks,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

They signed Marvin to a long term deal two years ago. This isn't a choice that anyone but you and your colleagues are making.

JordanIB 11-08-2005 12:43 PM

He didn't say otherwise.

I love when people respond to chastise and correct things that were never said in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

They signed Marvin to a long term deal two years ago. This isn't a choice that anyone but you and your colleagues are making.

[/ QUOTE ]

brettbrettr 11-08-2005 12:51 PM

Fair enough. I wanted to point out that this wasn't a real situation, if OP thought it was.

Anyway, Edge is the clear "keeper."