Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Import/Export PokerTracker Notes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=80115)

shemp 04-15-2004 12:56 PM

Import/Export PokerTracker Notes

Is there anything I need to know here. Say, while I play I enter notes using the site's notes feature. Then, while I review my database, I enter notes into my database. Will import/export merge or munge these notes?

MaxPower 04-15-2004 01:42 PM

Re: Import/Export PokerTracker Notes

I think you just need to be careful not to put your notes within the brackets that pokertracker uses to seperate your notes from the stats.

shemp 04-15-2004 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you just need to be careful not to put your notes within the brackets that pokertracker uses to seperate your notes from the stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help, but now I'm more confused -- what brackets that pokertracker uses? I can enter notes either in the Ring Game Player Statistics->General Info Tab->General Description Form or using the Table View and clicking on the notepad icon to bring up a Player Notes Form.

I don't see any stinkin brackets!

MaxPower 04-15-2004 03:14 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood you question. I thought you were talking about exporting the stats to the notes.

I don't think it merges the notes, so you should be careful how you do it.

shemp 04-15-2004 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I misunderstood you question. I thought you were talking about exporting the stats to the notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Thanks again. Now I'm Really Curious. I can export the stats to the site's notes? How?

ptrack pat 04-15-2004 05:14 PM

If you make notes using the sites notes feature and at the same time make notes in PT then you are going to have a problem. If you try to import the notes, it will overwrite what you entered in PT. If you export the notes, it will overwrite what you entered using the sites notes feature.

The best thing to do is:

1. Make notes while playing using the sites notes feature.
2. When done playing, import the notes into PT.
3. Make additional notes on players after reviewing your hands.
4. Export the notes to the sites notes file.

This way, your notes will be in sync. Also, never try to import/export while playing because the sites don't actually write the notes to the file until you close the poker client program.

Oblivious 04-16-2004 12:41 AM

so thats why it hasnt been working!

BottlesOf 04-16-2004 01:53 PM

For MaxPower or anyone familiar with this feature

Hi MP-

Could you quickly explain how to export PT stats into the PT notes for that player? Or, if it's complicated, point me to somewhere where I could learn how?

Thanks,

Bottles

MaxPower 04-16-2004 03:12 PM

Re: For MaxPower or anyone familiar with this feature

First you need to make sure you have the latest patch. It is a new feature.

Open Pokertracker
Go to the menu and choose Utilities - Import/Export Player Notes

First you should import the notes into pokertracker. Choose the sites you want to import and click on OK. (I believe this will overwrite your existing notes in PT so be carefull)

Then choose export notes and click on the sites you want to export to. Click on Advanced Export. Then a dialogue comes up where you can set it up. I'm sure you can figure it out from there - you are a smart guy.

There is a help file for Pokertracker and there is a forum on their website where you can ask questions.

I think this feature and the hand replayer are the most valuable features of the program. I rarely look at my stats anymore.

MaxPower 04-16-2004 03:16 PM

Re: For MaxPower or anyone familiar with this feature

Also, you need to do it while the poker room software is not running.