Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   dannenman question, black question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379668)

mostsmooth 11-16-2005 02:17 PM

dannenman question, black question

did it appear to anybody else that dannenman was *acting* ridiculously happy, borderline retard happy? i mean, who wouldnt be happy, but he just gave me the impression he was going out of his way to appear super happy. (i saw his interview where he said he would be happy blah blah blah).

did it appear to anybody else that at times black was trying to not knock people out of the tourny? practically telling them his hand? or was this his ploy to entice calls(strong/strong)? to me it seemed the former was the case.
note: i wasnt there to see every hand blah blah blah, i realize this.

DrSavage 11-16-2005 02:22 PM

Re: dannenman question, black question

[ QUOTE ]

did it appear to anybody else that at times black was trying to not knock people out of the tourny? practically telling them his hand? or was this his ploy to entice calls(strong/strong)? to me it seemed the former was the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only time he did that was in that 55 vs KJ hand but it was a situation between two biggest stacks and I'm sure he'd much rather take the pot than risk all-in against draw there.

B Dids 11-16-2005 02:32 PM

I think Dannenman embraced the fact that he simply didn't feels as stressed as others and went with it. It's hard to say if he was acting or just loopy with lack of sleep and euphoria. Being chartiable, the later seems more likely.

It did seem like Black talked more than you would think was optimal, simpley because as cliche as the statue-look-away pose is, you seem less likely to give off information. That said, maybe he's confident he isn't, or had a plan, and it's really hard to say without more knowledge.

mostsmooth 11-16-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only time he did that was in that 55 vs KJ hand but it was a situation between two biggest stacks and I'm sure he'd much rather take the pot than risk all-in against draw there.

[/ QUOTE ]
there were other spots. JT top two versus mike comes to mind. not that mike was going to call or not, but black didnt know that, but he had to know he was in great shape

TimTimSalabim 11-16-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when he flopped a set of 5's, right? That's *exactly* the situation where I'd want to get it all-in against the other big stack.