Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Which type of player will do better in the average $100 NL game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407436)

guns4show 12-29-2005 10:56 PM

Which type of player will do better in the average $100 NL game

1. A smart, pretty tight and aggressive player.

2. A smart, loose and very aggressive player.

Which type of player is more sucessful usually? I realize that it is much easier to be the tight player, but I also realize that they can be just as sucessful. In your opinion, which has a better shot at suceeding at the $100 NL level.

Fallen Hero 12-29-2005 10:59 PM

Re: Which type of player will do better in the average $100 NL game

$100NL is probably the first limit where a TAG will make more than a LAG

DISCLAIMER: this is pure speculation

12-29-2005 11:04 PM

6max or fullring?

i feel that 6max it is almost a neccesity to be LAG (or atleast moreso than at full ring - thats for sure) you must play position more and make more raises from button with lesser holdings

12-30-2005 12:06 AM

Both styles are fine. Personally I prefer playing both styles, I like to switch gears. You need to play the same good poker that wins at every other level. You need to know your opponents and know where you are and what the current table dynamics are.

There are more crucial factors then whether or not to sit down with the intention of being LAGGY or TAGGY... both are called for under different circumstances.

xorbie 12-30-2005 12:07 AM

whats the difference between "tight" and "loose"? just preflop selection?

Fallen Hero 12-30-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the difference between "tight" and "loose"? just preflop selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually use the term post flop too, like 3betting the nut flush draw on the flop is laggy, post-flop abc poker is taggy. I have no idea if other people also look at the terms like this.

12-30-2005 01:19 AM

It depends on the table. You should be able to switch between both styles as play dictates. If you just play one style all the time, people will catch on pretty quick if they have half a brain.

DJ Sensei 12-30-2005 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on the table. You should be able to switch between both styles as play dictates. If you just play one style all the time, people will catch on pretty quick if they have half a brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

But its SSNL, we prey on those without half a brain. I think a TAG style is more effective, as players will often call down with weaker hands and you want to have them beat. A LAG style is most profitable when opponents will fold all but their best hands...