Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leaving? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313941)

TwoShedsJackson 08-12-2005 06:07 PM

Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leaving?

I've had this one guy on my buddy list at Party the last two weeks. A standard loose, incredibly passive player. He's up lots in the last 650 hands I have on him, despite playing terribly.

I've been following him from one table to the next trying to exploit his terribleness but overall I'm up like a dollar off him. I've never spoken directly to him, nor him to me, but now I see him leave a table as soon as I find him in search and sit down to his left.

Now it's become like a weird bit of extra fun to sit down and see how long it takes him to leave.

Should I seek psychiatric help?

deacsoft 08-12-2005 06:10 PM

Re: Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leav

No. But you may want to think about finding a new fish.

SavageMiser 08-12-2005 06:11 PM

Well, yeah. Not so much for the stalking but for the not winning money even though you're stalking.

tinga81 08-12-2005 06:13 PM

if you suspect that he is leaving because of your presence, then why not try playing on another party skin and sit with him. see if the same trend happens.

I know of a few fish that I haven't seen in a while, maybe it's because I usually ended up with their money .. but, I don't know if that is a coincidence or not.

smb394 08-12-2005 06:17 PM

I did have one fish remark to me that I "play tight" during maybe my 3rd session with him in as many days. I made a bs comment about having a horrible run of cards...and an hour later I was logged back in against him under my Eurobet account.

deacsoft 08-12-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, yeah. Not so much for the stalking but for the not winning money even though you're stalking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a player that bad at you table is always +EV. It's only a metter of time. If you don't know that I suggest getting a better understanding of the "long view" that is a must for a serious poker player.

usmfan 08-12-2005 06:34 PM

I do believe you missed the point.

StellarWind 08-12-2005 06:43 PM

Re: Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leaving?

Why would you torment him? Are you trying to make him give up poker? Are you incapable of finding other fish in the world's biggest aquarium?

He's paying plenty for his entertainment. Show some decency and leave him alone.

If you find that argument unpersuasive, let me observe that you are costing yourself money by changing tables to chase a fish that is actively avoiding you instead of going after the innumerable fish that stand still.

BigF 08-12-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you torment him? Are you trying to make him give up poker? Are you incapable of finding other fish in the world's biggest aquarium?

He's paying plenty for his entertainment. Show some decency and leave him alone.

If you find that argument unpersuasive, let me observe that you are costing yourself money by changing tables to chase a fish that is actively avoiding you instead of going after the innumerable fish that stand still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey the man has the right to pay for his entertainment, too.

ncboiler 08-12-2005 06:59 PM

Is this guy me?