Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   One man gathers what another man spills (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380785)

bobbyi 11-18-2005 02:38 AM

One man gathers what another man spills

...but some days I'm not sure if I'm the one doing the gathering or the one doing the spilling.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG <font color="green">(29/24/1.5/41)</font> raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

scotty34 11-18-2005 02:42 AM

Re: One man gathers what another man spills

looks just fine to me

what's the problem? you think he has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx or something similar?

You could have bet the turn I guess, but the value in that seems VERY thin.

Rubeskies 11-18-2005 02:42 AM

Bet/Bet (and call)/check (and call if not raised on turn)

Your turn bet is for value. He will call with any spade with no pair.

bobbyi 11-18-2005 02:50 AM

To me, the best plan on the turn is not clear at all.

I know some here would disagree, but I have mixed feelings about preflop. Even against a guy with a pfr of 25, pocket fives is not that monsterous and playing a small pair out of position against a guy with these stats is not fun.

mex78753 11-18-2005 02:54 AM

You HAVE to bet that turn if you're going to call. Personally, I would probably bet the whole way and fold to a raise.

Starzinger 11-18-2005 02:58 AM

Hmm, im not even sure i would isolate a guy with that even WITH position, unless you knew him pretty well postflop. And with him raising UTG, im not sure its worth getting involved?

Or am i missing something here?
Is the 41 number the number of hands you have on him, or his went to showdown?

11-18-2005 03:07 AM

Anyway, you want either to c/fold turn or go to showdown. Folding river is meaningless here. What did you expect, another 5?
I'm gonna c/fold turn here.

scotty34 11-18-2005 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, you want either to c/fold turn or go to showdown. Folding river is meaningless here. What did you expect, another 5?
I'm gonna c/fold turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Catt 11-18-2005 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, im not even sure i would isolate a guy with that even WITH position, unless you knew him pretty well postflop. And with him raising UTG, im not sure its worth getting involved?

Or am i missing something here?
Is the 41 number the number of hands you have on him, or his went to showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would ditch it pre-flop at most if not all 6-handed tables and many 5-handed tables -- but this is 4-handed and I think it's close / good. His stats seem to indicate that he knows what he's doing in a very general and broad fashion, and if that's the case then his range is really wide 4-handed.

I think pre-flop is close but I'd be three-betting more often than folding. I think your post-flop play is good. When he calls the flop, I think it generally means he's seeing a SD absent a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (which could produce a fold or a raise); thus I think a turn bet has little fold equity and putting in 2 on the turn blows. When he bets the river after you check, I think his range shrinks sufficiently that you should fold. Specific reads on his post-flop tendencies might make me want to bet the turn or take a different river line, but absent those reads this looks good to me.

Starzinger 11-18-2005 03:20 AM

%&amp;/%¤/¤#%, missed that it was 4-handed. Then im not so concerned with preflop, i think its good. I just woke up, its early morning here...yeah, i can blame that...

I liked the rest of the hand.