Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   **Official** PokerNow Reload Bragging Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=191168)

SomethingClever 02-07-2005 04:21 AM

Re: **Official** PokerNow Reload Bragging Thread

Whoring complete.

4.5 hours 1/2 6-max. +64 BB.

EliteNinja 02-07-2005 04:58 AM

6 hours (6:30pm to 12:30am), 4 tables, 1/2 full
Broke even TO THE CENT playing!!
+$100 bonus.

Net: +$100

7 hours ago, I didn't think I had time to play because I had so much schoolwork. Actually, I didnt.... =(

ebranig 02-07-2005 05:20 AM

Finished off an amazing run. Up 120bb's @ 3/6 ($721)

+ the $100 of course.

Great run, more than $100/hour. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IronDragon1 02-07-2005 05:37 AM

~550 hands @ 25 PLO and .5/1 8/b

Up $50 after tilting off about $100

Hooray for composure

Sifmole 02-07-2005 11:22 AM

3 hours 4 tabling 2/4 got ~630 hands in ---- +$300 w/o bonus so far. A fun night.

Tenacious A 02-07-2005 11:56 AM

Cleared the bonus. 76 cent winner over my 1000 hands. I'm that good. Actually I'm not quite that good, because I think I already some change in my account.

CountDuckula 02-07-2005 12:07 PM

Somewhat off the actual topic, but looking for some related advice.... I went in for $150 ($75 bonus). I usually don't multitable, but it looks like the only way I'm going to clear the remaining hands (a little over 500) is to do that. I'm not sure I can handle multitabling 2-4 on my roll, so I'm trying to figure out how to maximize the 4-5 hours of playing time I have left to clear the bonus (I'd have spent more time yesterday, but I had a Super Bowl party to go to; my remaining time is estimated from my work and commuting schedule for the next 2 days).

I think I can handle 4 limit tables (I tend to get killed in NL cash games), if I am extra tight with my PF hand selection (so I'm not likely to be involved in too many simultaneous hands). Will .5/1 be sufficient in the amount of time I have, or should I step up to 1/2? Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

dlk9s 02-07-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhat off the actual topic, but looking for some related advice.... I went in for $150 ($75 bonus). I usually don't multitable, but it looks like the only way I'm going to clear the remaining hands (a little over 500) is to do that. I'm not sure I can handle multitabling 2-4 on my roll, so I'm trying to figure out how to maximize the 4-5 hours of playing time I have left to clear the bonus (I'd have spent more time yesterday, but I had a Super Bowl party to go to; my remaining time is estimated from my work and commuting schedule for the next 2 days).

I think I can handle 4 limit tables (I tend to get killed in NL cash games), if I am extra tight with my PF hand selection (so I'm not likely to be involved in too many simultaneous hands). Will .5/1 be sufficient in the amount of time I have, or should I step up to 1/2? Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm not doing the PokerNow reload because of lack of time, I have found that 4-tabling .5/1 O8 is an easy way to build up the raked hands. You generally see 5-7 people in the pot PF - most hands get raked. Just play tight and you're golden.

I would think 4-tabling .5/1 HE would be good, as well, just not quite the raked hand rate of O8. I haven't played HE on PokerNow yet.

busguy 02-07-2005 12:17 PM

In the limit tables at Party (and skins) $1/2 has by far the highest percentage of raked hands so if time is of the essence I would play $1/2. You will not notice a significant difference between .5/$1 and $1/2. As magic boy said, "play tight and your golden".

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy

CountDuckula 02-07-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I'm not doing the PokerNow reload because of lack of time, I have found that 4-tabling .5/1 O8 is an easy way to build up the raked hands. You generally see 5-7 people in the pot PF - most hands get raked. Just play tight and you're golden.

I would think 4-tabling .5/1 HE would be good, as well, just not quite the raked hand rate of O8. I haven't played HE on PokerNow yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks; I'm a little clueless about O8, actually (I usually play HE or 7-card stud). What kinds of hands would I need to play if I did that? Would it even make sense for a raw beginner to play O8 in this situation? I do know that an Omaha hand consists of exactly 2 hole and 3 community cards, and that a low hand may not have any pairs (but straights and flushes are ok), but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

-Mike