Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   GiftofGab, Spirit Rock, Hassan Slask etc. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311956)

fimbulwinter 08-10-2005 04:34 AM

GiftofGab, Spirit Rock, Hassan Slask etc.

These players who are truly beating the biggest and hardest games never seem to come from poker communities. Are these players self-taught prodigies? is there something to being able to take an unbiased mind into analyzing situations? Is it simply more experience that makes the difference?

fim

ps- i know gab does post here, but he's not like diablo/bruiser etc.

Rosie5 08-10-2005 06:37 AM

Re: GiftofGab, Spirit Rock, Hassan Slask etc.

they slept at a holiday inn last night

kipin 08-10-2005 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they stayed at a holiday inn express last night

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

PS: Nice work on the idea.

Klepton 08-10-2005 07:02 AM

spirit rock talks poker on the freestyle rap forums

Jazza 08-10-2005 07:15 AM

okay, i keep hearing allusions to SR and rap, and i want IN on whatever the hell it is you guys are talking about

anyone?

p.s. Kipin, love that avatar

Wu36 08-10-2005 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, i keep hearing allusions to SR and rap, and i want IN on whatever the hell it is you guys are talking about

anyone?

p.s. Kipin, love that avatar

[/ QUOTE ]
You can lead a long fulfilling life without seeing the rap in question

sekrah 08-10-2005 08:13 AM

He did a very GAY "poker rap" during the last WSOP circuit event last week on ESPN.

He lost respect amongst the entire poker community with it. It was truly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen (and others agree).

Trust me, you're better off not seeing it.

37offsuit 08-10-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did a very GAY "poker rap" during the last WSOP circuit event last week on ESPN.

He lost respect amongst the entire poker community with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing respect for a poker player because of his/her non poker related hobby, whether it is rap or male kitten nosehair fondling, is not only moronic, but probably -EV if you play against them.

rwanger 08-10-2005 08:27 AM

I agree the rap was kind of silly, but honestly, when they set up the clip, I was expecting <i>much</i> worse.

sekrah 08-10-2005 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He lost respect amongst the entire poker community with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing respect for a poker player because of his/her non poker related hobby, whether it is rap or male kitten nosehair fondling, is not only moronic, but probably -EV if you play against them.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH? What are you talking about. I didn't say I lost respect of his poker playing ability. I lost respect for him as a person.

The Great, Unstoppable Prahlad Friedman.. So revered and honored in these halls, has turned out to be a complete and total...... DORK!