Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Vegas tournaments and best structures (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388735)

yoadrians 11-30-2005 09:51 PM

Vegas tournaments and best structures

Myself and another trout will be in Vegas for a Thur-Mon stint in mid-January. We plan on trying to play in a tournament (No-Limit Hold 'Em) each day we're there.

We can afford to spend anywhere from $50 to $500 on any given tournament, assuming we play in one each day. Probably, though, we'll just aim for one $300-$500 buy-in event and a couple/three smaller buy-in events. So ...

What tournaments should we play in? I've seen a couple of Vegas on-line poker tournament guides with buy-in info, but rarely does it give tourney structure/starting chips/blind levels/etc. Obviously, we're looking for the best overall structures.

Any specific suggestions? Anywhere else I can look for this specific information?

Thanks in advance.

Action Scott 11-30-2005 09:56 PM

Re: Vegas tournaments and best structures

The Orleans has a great tourney structure and Luxorr has a terrible structure, those are the only 2 I played when I was there.

surfinillini 11-30-2005 10:06 PM

sahara runs a good low limit rebuy tourney at nights. I think it's like 120 total or something around there. Decent structure

yoadrians 11-30-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Orleans has a great tourney structure and Luxorr has a terrible structure, those are the only 2 I played when I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. What's the buyin? Starting chips? Blind levels??

yoadrians 11-30-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sahara runs a good low limit rebuy tourney at nights. I think it's like 120 total or something around there. Decent structure

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I appreciate it ... and I'm looking for as much info as possible. Starting chips? Blind levels?

11-30-2005 10:12 PM

For your bigger buy-in event, you MUST play the Wynn tournament. They have $300 on Tue and Thur and a $500 on Fri. It is the best structure you will find in town.

3000 Starting Chips
25/50 First Level
45 Minute Rounds
Cool Chips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yoadrians 11-30-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For your bigger buy-in event, you MUST play the Wynn tournament. They have $300 on Tue and Thur and a $500 on Fri. It is the best structure you will find in town.

3000 Starting Chips
25/50 First Level
45 Minute Rounds
Cool Chips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY the kind of info I'm looking for.

And, I assume, you believe this is a better buy than the Bellagio $500?

Great stuff, man.

Mano 11-30-2005 10:30 PM

Orleans tournament schedule

MisterKing 12-01-2005 12:13 AM

How many players does this usually draw & how's the competition?

12-01-2005 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second the Sahara suggestion if you're looking to keep the buy-in low. $40+$2 gets you 2000 chips, $20 add-on anytime in the first hour gets you 1500 more. Blinds start at 25/25, go up every 20 minutes, and don't double every time. 11am, 7pm and 11pm nightly. Big nights will have >150 players. Payouts are fairly heavily weighted to the top spots, with first getting a bit over 40%, 2nd getting less than half that. Deals at the final table splitting the prize among 3 to 9 players are common. Tourneys normally last about 5 hours.

Nice range of players from first timers who'll suck out on your AA with 63o when A82 flops because they had a "straight draw" to WSOP TV players just looking to kill a few hours in a friendly tourney.