Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Chronicles of a 1st Time Four-Tabler (a bit long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407483)

pokerdirty 12-30-2005 12:01 AM

OT: Chronicles of a 1st Time Four-Tabler (a bit long)

So, 2 days ago, I got a new PC. I can now play on all the big , fishier sites, instead of PR & HP. One of my friends set me up with RB for FTP a couple of months ago, anticipating that it would be on the Mac. I deposited $200, and away I went. For the first 2 days, I single tabled, and even tried two tabling, because that was all I was able to do on my 12" iBook (I got a 19" screen with my PC). Today, after having a horrible time at the $16 turbos @ Stars (which I downloaded last night so I could play with the Trout game), I decided to go back to FTP.

And since I was having a bad day at the tables, I thought it would be a good decision to 4-table for the first time.

Did I know this was a bad idea? Sure, but I'm stubborn I guess. Now, after playing at FTP for the first 2 days, I really didn't like it when I was single tabling. I find the interface to be really slow. When four tabling, it seemed PERFECT. There were things flashing every couple seconds and I was going nuts. If anything I thought it helped me play better. I stayed away from hands that I probably would have tried to get cute with if I was single tabling, which is a good thing, I think. And I found out about the "bet the pot" button. Holy [censored] this makes things easy.

Much to my surprise, after 45 minutes, I was in 1st on 3 tables, and tied for 3rd/4th on the other (all tables had 4 people left). This is probably where I made my first mistake. On the table I was tied for last on, I thought I was first, and called an all in from the guy I was essentially tied with (he had like t60 more than me) with Axs. Oops. He had AK. 0/1. I then got to heads up on another table. A9 vs KQ all in with even stacks. 2 Qs flop. 2nd place not bad, I made the right call. Now I was down to 2 tables HU, and much to my surprise, I won them both! So my first time 4-tabling, I had a 1, 1, 2, 4 finish.

This is where I thank the forum for all of the wonderful posts on bubble strategy, early tight play, etc etc. My play tonight probably wouldn't have been as good if I did not have the knowledge I have from reading in these forums.

To all of you single-tablers out there reading this, and think about moving on to more tables, try it! Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend going from 1 tabling to 4 tabling, it certainly must get easier to handle the more you do it.

Good luck, and thanks for reading,

P. Dirty

12-30-2005 01:42 AM

Re: OT: Chronicles of a 1st Time Four-Tabler (a bit long)

NH, sir. Love how a new challenge sharpens your attention and makes it more fun.