Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Foxwoods big game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380747)

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-18-2005 12:21 PM

Re: Foxwoods big game

They're also under no great pressure to start, either. They clean up on those 1/2 blind NL tables with the $5/half-hour time charge.

AKQJ10 11-18-2005 12:44 PM

Perhaps this is just a dorky rumor that only us naive Foxwoods yellow-chip players fall for*, but a dealer once told me they have an upstairs room where the high-limit clientele plays bigger games that don't show up on their board. I didn't bother getting details because hey, I'm decades from ever playing those games, but it made me curious.

As others noted, $20/40 is only the biggest hold'em game; Perhaps the OP is unaware that poker has actually been played for years in other variants as well as mixed games, or perhaps they just neglected to say hold'em. When I've looked there's usually something going as high as $75/150 or $150/300, either stud or HOE. And of course around the two big tournaments the side action really picks up.

Ah, to have a bankroll.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

*Kinda like the rumors that Mohegan's just about to start up again.

Barry 11-18-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps this is just a dorky rumor that only us naive Foxwoods yellow-chip players fall for*, but a dealer once told me they have an upstairs room where the high-limit clientele plays bigger games that don't show up on their board.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they had one, I'm sure that I would have been told about/invited to it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it appears that that rumor very well may be true. We'll know for sure by February.

Barry 11-18-2005 01:00 PM

It was great to see you the other day. I went back later to visit with you again, but you were nowhere to be found.

AKQJ10 11-18-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually it appears that that rumor very well may be true. We'll know for sure by February.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, glad to hear it -- Foxwoods needs some competition.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-18-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go teasing me now! I'll be happy to not have to drop the wife off at Mohegan, and drive back to Foxwoods to play and then back to Mohegan to sleep.

HoldEmKillah 11-18-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a dealer once told me they have an upstairs room where the high-limit clientele plays bigger games that don't show up on their board.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the exact same thing from a guy a couple weeks ago. He said he's been there and played. He also said everything up there is comped...filet mingon, drinks, whatever. I don't know what to believe. Oh, he did say it was invite only.

phish 11-18-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a dealer once told me they have an upstairs room where the high-limit clientele plays bigger games that don't show up on their board.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the exact same thing from a guy a couple weeks ago. He said he's been there and played. He also said everything up there is comped...filet mingon, drinks, whatever. I don't know what to believe. Oh, he did say it was invite only.

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be such a room for other games but not poker. If they spread poker there, don't you think the 2000/4000 game would've qualified?

kenberman 11-18-2005 04:18 PM

there are some big stud games at foxwoods - 75/150, 150/300

a lot of bigger game action there is stud, actually

11-18-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are some big stud games at foxwoods - 75/150, 150/300

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen that most weekends that I'm there. I always thought it would be funny to sit down at that table with a rack of yellow and say "Hi, this is 2-4 holdem right?"