Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   20/40 For Grisgra - taking K-hi to showdown... KTo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390572)

Surfbullet 12-03-2005 03:06 PM

20/40 For Grisgra - taking K-hi to showdown... KTo

Villain here is a 58/40/2/48 with 65 attsb. raises anything and everything. Continuation bets too much.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Surf is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Surf calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Surf checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Surf calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Surf needs a plan!

How is just calling down?

If I expect to be ahead here enough, should I c/r the turn to prevent him from drawing to 6 live outs? I doubt I'll fold a better hand.

Does a donkbet just set me up to fold?

Surf

wheelz 12-03-2005 03:10 PM

Re: 20/40 For Grisgra - taking K-hi to showdown... KTo

i think calling down is best.

Lmn55d 12-03-2005 03:12 PM

if he has like J8 he has 6 outs to win and 8 to split.

When that 2 comes you split with KJ/KQ and are ahead of a lot of his raising range. I would call down rather than checkraise for the following reasons:

1) Checkraising gives him a chance to 3bet you off the best hand or one with a lot of outs. This sort of player is exactly the type to do so.

2) THere's a good chance he'll bluff the river if he misses so making him fold a 6 outer isn't particularly great.

3) He probably won't fold a 6 outer.

cartman 12-03-2005 03:18 PM

I also think calling down is clearly the best choice. Heads up gainst psychopaths like this I do my best to get the preflop betting capped anytime I have showdown value (KT definitely qualifies against him) and then showdown almost always. Obviously I do so as cheaply as possible unimproved and as expensively as possibly otherwise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Cartman

Rubeskies 12-03-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Continuation bets too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

What more do you need to know?

A possible place for a donkbet could be the river depending on the card, but certainly not the turn. Let him bet your hand for you.

12-03-2005 03:51 PM

The times you pick up a last cannon on the river will make up for the times that he catches in this small pot. Don't worry about protecting your hand.

TStoneMBD 12-03-2005 05:09 PM

very easy cc cc imo

Surfbullet 12-03-2005 06:27 PM

thx for the replies - that was what I thought.

Anyway, i c/c'd turn. River was a 6, I c/c again. Villain had Q6 and MHING. He said something along the lines of "OMG k-hi you are so bad." For some reason my poker confidence takes serious blows when players trash-talk me, becaues my last month or 2 has me reeling. I think i'm going to turn off player chat. Just a checkup.

Surf

Subfallen 12-03-2005 07:10 PM

Well, if it will make you feel any better, yesterday I thought for a while, made a K-high calldown on a nearly identical board, and was shown a full house. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yesterday was just like that.

lastcoyote 12-03-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason my poker confidence takes serious blows when players trash-talk me

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny. Turning off chat was the best thing I could've done for my game. I'm so much less prone to tilt now. Even when someone gives me a genuine compliment on my play it puts me on tilt a little. Now I just play like an automoton. The other players aren't even real to me and it's so much better for me mentally.