Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Vegas Recommendation for this weekend... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396463)

JMP300z 12-11-2005 11:21 PM

Vegas Recommendation for this weekend...

Me and 3 friends are going to vegas this thursday thru sunday. I was going by myself and going to stay w/ a friend and they just booked their flights so I have to get a hotel ASAP. Me and one friend love poker, the other two dont have a clue.

So. Somewhere relatively reasonably priced, good poker room, good clubs/fun, not off the strip (ie not rio/palms or downtown) with a younger crowd. I tried MGM but they have no rooms. I tried Wynn, no rooms. I am about to call the bellagio but their 2/5 NL game sucks. Mirage is my next choice i guess but i got fed up w/ their poker room last time there.

Any suggestions?

-JP

AllVegasPoker.com 12-11-2005 11:59 PM

Re: Vegas Recommendation for this weekend...

You might consider Mandalay Bay, or even "theHotel" - If the four of you are sharing one room it shouldn't be too expensive.

JMP300z 12-12-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might consider Mandalay Bay, or even "theHotel" - If the four of you are sharing one room it shouldn't be too expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

theHotel?

Sorry. Despite living in vegas for while im unfamiliar w/ this?

-JP

surfinillini 12-12-2005 12:07 AM

ok, try these in maybe not this order:

Luxor
Palms - might have a deal, I know it's $75/weekend night for Christmas...tight hotel 2
Rio
Flamingo Hilton

rio and palms are off strip on flamingo but you can cab it to the poker rooms @ the strip

let's add Ballys to the list.

ewile 12-12-2005 12:09 AM

I'm going the same exact time frame as you and staying at The New Frontier...my rate averaged to $50 a night. Apparently not the most galmorous place but certainly walking distance to anything you need.

Photoc 12-12-2005 12:51 AM

theHotel is Mandalay Bay's all suite tower that was built last year.

AllVegasPoker.com 12-12-2005 01:20 AM

Actually, now that I think of it you might also check out Monte Carlo. Rates there are reasonable, and the poker room is nice. Also, it is in a great South strip location. The Brewery there is fun too.

JMP300z 12-12-2005 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going the same exact time frame as you and staying at The New Frontier...my rate averaged to $50 a night. Apparently not the most galmorous place but certainly walking distance to anything you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya ill probably move over to the new fronteir after all my friends leave on sunday and im staying till thursday for some extra action.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

-JP

henrikrh 12-12-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me and 3 friends are going to vegas this thursday thru sunday. I was going by myself and going to stay w/ a friend and they just booked their flights so I have to get a hotel ASAP. Me and one friend love poker, the other two dont have a clue.

So. Somewhere relatively reasonably priced, good poker room, good clubs/fun, not off the strip (ie not rio/palms or downtown) with a younger crowd. I tried MGM but they have no rooms. I tried Wynn, no rooms. I am about to call the bellagio but their 2/5 NL game sucks. Mirage is my next choice i guess but i got fed up w/ their poker room last time there.

Any suggestions?

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the 5-diamond classic on at the moment? If so then I don't think you can go wrong with the bellagio.

KCFire105 12-12-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am about to call the bellagio but their 2/5 NL game sucks. Mirage is my next choice i guess but i got fed up w/ their poker room last time there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please expand on both.