Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Aviation Club de France (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290311)

Shilly 07-10-2005 10:44 PM

Aviation Club de France

I'm going to be in Paris in a few days, and was thinking about stopping by the club. I figure a few of you might have played there during WPT Paris or some other time, and that you'll be able to answer a few questions.

1. Is there any sort of dress code or limitation to enter the club?
2. Is it packed? How long would the list be for the lower-limit ring games? (Keep in mind, this might be during the preliminary tournaments for WPT Paris).

Thanks.

Analyst 07-11-2005 02:31 PM

Re: Aviation Club de France

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be in Paris in a few days, and was thinking about stopping by the club. I figure a few of you might have played there during WPT Paris or some other time, and that you'll be able to answer a few questions.

1. Is there any sort of dress code or limitation to enter the club?
2. Is it packed? How long would the list be for the lower-limit ring games? (Keep in mind, this might be during the preliminary tournaments for WPT Paris).

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know what it's like during the WPT, but in general the dress code is fairly relaxed. I wouldn't wear jeans, though.

Keep in mind that the games at the ACF are almost exclusively dealer's choice pot-limit games. Expect to see a lot of Omaha (maybe 70%) with some HE (20%) mixed in.

Brain 07-11-2005 09:19 PM

I thought for sure that you would need at least a jacket.
(I hope you can read that sentence. That's some horrible English.)

feelixthegreek 07-12-2005 12:11 PM

They also run hold' em tournaments weekly. Last summer it was a 60 Euro buy in with rebuys and add-ons. Check the schedule.

Acesover8s 07-12-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what it's like during the WPT, but in general the dress code is fairly relaxed. I wouldn't wear jeans, though.

Keep in mind that the games at the ACF are almost exclusively dealer's choice pot-limit games. Expect to see a lot of Omaha (maybe 70%) with some HE (20%) mixed in.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience there expect to see some holdem, 5%, some omaha, 15%, omaha hilo 20%, courcheval 50%, other games 20%.

Nice place, but the only place I found in Paris where they lived up to the paris image of snottiness, the staff anyway, the players were very friendly.

Analyst 07-12-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought for sure that you would need at least a jacket.
(I hope you can read that sentence. That's some horrible English.)

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, a sportscoat is probably around the mean dress, and a safe choice but not required.

WillMagic 07-12-2005 12:43 PM

You need dress shoes. That's imperative.

After that...nice jeans are fine, slacks are standard, and t-shirts are meh and oxford shirts are standard.

Will

09-19-2005 11:04 AM

How will a non-French speaking American be accomodated or treated? Will the language be a problem for me?

gl,
Mike

baiter 09-19-2005 12:57 PM

My experience there was great. If the dealer knows you can't speak French he will translate everything for you and address you in English. Just dress normally and you'll definitely have a good time (some of the players are crazy!).

Shilly 09-19-2005 08:08 PM

It's kind of a mindfuck to see a thread you posted two months ago be bumped.

I made it to the club, and played some 200 Euro max NL. The game played very strangely--almost everyone had very short stacks, ranging from 40-70 Euros. Everyone seemed pretty nice, but some of the French guys gave me a bit of a hard time (just joking around, but it got pretty old). I recommend that anyone who has some free time in Paris stop by.