Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   is Ace-King-GOD???????.....at 25 NL PARTY??????? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=116944)

roma12 08-26-2004 03:24 AM

is Ace-King-GOD???????.....at 25 NL PARTY???????

AK OFF/SUITED, WHATEVER, I HAVE BEEN LIMPING WITH IT TO TRAP. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER I LIMP OR NOT, IMPLYING THAT I LIMP MOST OF THE TIME, SHOULD I GET COMMMITTED WITH IT WHEN AN ACE OR KING FLOPS WITH A SAFE BOARD OR NO?....WITH ACES OR KINGS IM ALL NO MATTER WHAT, BUT WIHT AK AND A PAIR ON THE FLOP, IM USUALLY AFRAID OF 2 PAIR(especiallly w/ an ace on the flop)...so...should i committ myself big time, or be afraid of the hands such as the ace -rags(which everyone plays(a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,10)....ETC.. i tried being more agressive with the big slick(AK) tonight and got paid off by ace rag....thooughts... please dont give me elementary [censored] like "with ak, you'lll probably have another ace out kicked, so you probably have them"....that doesnt't help me. im not retarded, i am cautious. any help?...i know at these [censored] 'stakes' i post at its hard to find legitimate players to comment on my threads, but anyway, thoughts

Snoogins47 08-26-2004 03:52 AM

Re: is Ace-King-GOD???????.....at 25 NL PARTY???????

What in the name of Yevon just happened?

roma12 08-26-2004 04:00 AM

hmm. if that was too confusing for you, then a simplified question is as follows:

with AK, and say you limp-whihc i do, so try and say you limp, or you raise to about 2 in a 25 nl party table, and say you flop an ace or king with a safe board. how far do you take this hand and flop. is it great? or are you cautious. are you commmited no matter what happens with the betting? or are you afraid of the infamous ace-rag which all the fish play. just tel me your thoughts about ace king in a small stakes nl game when an ace or king flops with a safe board. thank you..

Snoogins47 08-26-2004 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm. if that was too confusing for you, then a simplified question is as follows:

with AK, and say you limp-whihc i do, so try and say you limp, or you raise to about 2 in a 25 nl party table, and say you flop an ace or king with a safe board. how far do you take this hand and flop. is it great? or are you cautious. are you commmited no matter what happens with the betting? or are you afraid of the infamous ace-rag which all the fish play. just tel me your thoughts about ace king in a small stakes nl game when an ace or king flops with a safe board. thank you..

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times I take it all the way to the felt, there are times I muck it without hesitation.. It's so intensely situation dependent that I think that's the best answer I could possibly give. Maybe post a specific hand or three?

PITTM 08-26-2004 04:32 AM

good lord, please write so that it makes sense. please.

rj

roma12 08-26-2004 04:42 AM

ok.. with aces or kings, at 25 no limit at party poker-which is 25 cent/50 cent blinds, if i flop under cards or a set, im not folding, plain and simple.. with these hands i riase to 2 or 3-depending upon the style of the game, but always atleast to 2. now. i have been limping with ak lately-commments are welcomed about that-but anyway, say i limp with ak, and theres a board such as a82 rainbow, or k82 rainbow. you're early agianst 2 opponents including the big blind. pot is about 5. you bet 2, it gets raised to 4. waht do you do then........1) if he calls, then what do you lead on turn. 2) if he reraises, then what do you do, check turn? -the point is, when you have this type of flop-a simple safe one, what do you do against an agressive player, or a seemingly passive player that calls huge bets from you. do youget afraid and cease the betting/ or agressive betting, or are you unaltered with your movements(you're agressive betting-meaning-do you say, fu k that, i have top pair top kicker, im betting into you again)..

i guess overall im saying, how different is AK and flopping an ace or king when limping pf compared to raising to 2 or 3 pf with aces or kings, and being committed post flop as long as theres no ace on teh flop when you have kings. the question is in terms of the post flop play.

roma12 08-26-2004 04:53 AM

if that was too confusing then here;

if this is your style; riase to 2 or 3 pf w/ aces, kings, or queens; limp w/ ak or aq... now if you wont fold aces or kings in the situation where the flop has no overcards to the kings, then how far would you take ak with a pair on the flop, hwich seems also safe, such as k82 rainbow.

obviously, the flop wont be this safe most of the time. but still- it seems with my aces or kings-with undercard flops- i get a lot of fish going all in agaisnt me and then me calling, and me of course having the better hand...should i try the same type of style wiht the ace king and pair on the flop?

Sponger15SB 08-26-2004 11:54 AM

let me break it down for you...

first and ten simma take the snap, drop back find down in the endzone for a touchdown, now comes on and kicks the extra point, simma to down followed by now and its SIMMA DOWN NOW!

tubbyspencer 08-26-2004 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me break it down for you...

first and ten simma take the snap, drop back find down in the endzone for a touchdown, now comes on and kicks the extra point, simma to down followed by now and its SIMMA DOWN NOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that's goofy, but I actually did laugh out loud.

cornell2005 08-26-2004 04:50 PM

lol.

anyways, i think you need to post a particular hand. you ask if you should be afraid of 2 pair when you hit top pair top kicker. well, that depends

in nl25 when you hit your top pair top kicker you should be value betting vs a top pair weaker kicker, until he gives you reason to believe he has you beat