Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   great songs you'd like to share (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334838)

Dominic 09-12-2005 01:58 AM

great songs you\'d like to share

Okay, since I just started using LimeWire, I'm asking you guys to give me suggestions for downloading....

Don't bother with most classic rock/pop/oldies....I've got most of what I want from those genres...

I'm looking for something new (at least to me)

alternative
alt-country
hip-hop
trip-hop

or anything that you're currently listening to that's really got you jazzed....

Thanks!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

battschr 09-12-2005 02:00 AM

Re: great songs you\'d like to share

Some alt-country would be The Old 97's
My fav songs are:
Designs on You
Cryin' Drunk
Question
Wish the Worst
Big Brown Eyes.....

Hope you enjoy.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-12-2005 02:05 AM

See here. You might as well just go to the end of the thread, though, because the earliest links will all be dead by now.

Eurotrash 09-12-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
See here. You might as well just go to the end of the thread, though, because the earliest links will all be dead by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention that a lot of the earliest links read like a who's who of the emo gay hipster world.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-12-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention that a lot of the earliest links read like a who's who of the emo gay hipster world.

[/ QUOTE ]
That too.

jason_t 09-12-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alternative
alt-country

[/ QUOTE ]

Rilo Kiley?

blaze666 09-12-2005 02:12 AM

acid jazz, which is St germain. try 'deep in it' or 'jazz potato' by St germain.

whiskeytown 09-12-2005 02:32 AM

alt country -

Son Volt's Trace is awesome. So is the Uncle Tupelo Anthology, though you probably know of them...

Vigilantes of Love - particularly Audible Sigh and To The Roof of The Sky - (may be available from his site at www.billmallonee.net)

I see Holly Williams has an album out I wanna check that sounds ok - the Granddaughter of Hank Williams...

Whiskeytown's last album, Pnumenonia (I took my handle from them)

more will come to mind...

------------------------

On an off note, my favorite musician is an English Folk Singer named Kate Rusby...anyone who buys her album 10 will probably fall in love with her... - hell, you can download it on her site

www.katerusby.com

Dominic 09-12-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alt country -

Son Volt's Trace is awesome. So is the Uncle Tupelo Anthology, though you probably know of them...

Vigilantes of Love - particularly Audible Sigh and To The Roof of The Sky - (may be available from his site at www.billmallonee.net)

I see Holly Williams has an album out I wanna check that sounds ok - the Granddaughter of Hank Williams...

Whiskeytown's last album, Pnumenonia (I took my handle from them)

more will come to mind...

------------------------

On an off note, my favorite musician is an English Folk Singer named Kate Rusby...anyone who buys her album 10 will probably fall in love with her... - hell, you can download it on her site

www.katerusby.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey....I've downloaded "Trace"....great album, thanks for the scoop!