Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Has he got quads? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405664)

12-27-2005 11:12 PM

Re: Has he got quads?

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm ashamed to say that I saw MUB. I wussed out and checked the river. I promise to never do that again in a similar situation.

Even though I played it incorrectly, I probably got an extra BB by checking.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc Kd (full house, kings full of tens).
MP1 has Jd Ac (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.25 BB. </font>

Redd 12-27-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm ashamed to say that I saw MUB. I wussed out and checked the river. I promise to never do that again in a similar situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be; I think capping the river is pretty crazy. This is one of those situations where you shouldn't bet if you can't 3-bet, because if you check you'll get a bet from him either way but if you bet you'll pay 2 bets when you're behind or get 1 when you're ahead. Nice hand IMO.

Eeegah 12-28-2005 12:11 AM

Hahaha, the hell? Pure tilt on his part or what?

12-28-2005 05:13 AM

This isn't uncommon in my experience. I think some of the posters here are used to playing at higher limits, because I see people do this kind of thing much more often than I see quads.

A decent player might fold JJ or QQ, but a typical micro player is likely to call or raise with many hands. The likelihood of a player at 1/2 paying you off (or capping) on the river with an inferior hand seems much greater than the likelihood of his having quads.

graarrg 12-28-2005 08:47 AM

Grunch

I bet the souls of my children on this hand.

Sykes 12-28-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet/call.

And I don't think it's MUBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same but a part of me wants to check/call this.

This isn't MUBS. He could easily have a T but he could have 99/JJ here also

12-28-2005 12:37 PM

This was a little bit tricky. First question: What hands could he have raised with pf? Think the only possible hand that contains a ten is AT (TT impossible). This hand makes perfect sense on both flop and turn. Waiting to raise to the turn with trips is common. But he can also have a pocket pair AA-88. Or maybe A8s. Since u beat all these hands a bet seems tempting.

But I´m really not sure about this one. By the stats he seems like an ok player. He probably wouldn´t cap the turn with something like JJ or 99 fearing a larger pocket pair. And with AA-QQ players often cap pf. Still there are only four possible hands that beats u. I would bet once!