Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   vpip/pfr (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400151)

someday 12-17-2005 04:44 AM

vpip/pfr

what are seen as the ideal stats for both nl 6max and nl 10 player games? or to put it another way what would a good 2+2ers stats look like?

just looking for some broad guide lines.

I am used to dealing with pt stats in limit games, and am struggling a little to make the adjustment.

for example in limit 6max i would say that 22/15 would indicate a good tag player, that 30/20 could indicate a good laggy player etc etc

thanks,

PoBoy321 12-17-2005 04:51 AM

Re: vpip/pfr

NL Hold 'Em is largely about post-flop play and handreading, not stats.

someday 12-17-2005 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a nice little one liner but not really what im looking for. Lets take it as read that stats are not the be all and end all of any type of poker, never mind No Limit.

thanks,

PoBoy321 12-17-2005 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a nice little one liner but not really what im looking for. Lets take it as read that stats are not the be all and end all of any type of poker, never mind No Limit.

thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it varies much more in NL than in limit Hold 'Em. For example, I think that most typical TAGs at full-ring will have stats something like 17/6 and I'm not sure about aggr. stats. However, here's a good example of how people with "bad stats" can be incredibly successful NL players.

leehrat 12-17-2005 05:35 AM

yeah, i'm finding that you can pretty much haul in whatever trash you want (with position) and still be a successful player. at the low limits, it seems to be about getting other fish to pay you off with their tptk and making sure you fold your own tptk to resistance

someday 12-17-2005 05:36 AM

PoBoy321,

Thanks for your reply and for the link, my eyes damn near popped out of their sockets when i saw that screen shot. Very interesting.

thanks,

zaphod 12-17-2005 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it varies much more in NL than in limit Hold 'Em. For example, I think that most typical TAGs at full-ring will have stats something like 17/6 and I'm not sure about aggr. stats. However, here's a good example of how people with "bad stats" can be incredibly successful NL players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice link. And i thought i was loose..

PoBoy321 12-17-2005 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i'm finding that you can pretty much haul in whatever trash you want (with position) and still be a successful player. at the low limits, it seems to be about getting other fish to pay you off with their tptk and making sure you fold your own tptk to resistance

[/ QUOTE ]

To prove this, I'm playing, as an experiment, with 100% VP$IP, some crazy amount of raising and I want to see how well I can do with it.

tagtastic 12-17-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right. I've seen almost the full range of stats played "well" enough to profit in the long run, although very very few can play super loose aggressive and win in the long run (like 70%+ VPIP 35%+PFR) - it can be done.

In Small Stakes NLHE (6max short handed) the average winning player is something like 15-30%vpip, 3-15%pfr, 1.5-4 post flop aggression. The common thread is somewhat (but not overly) aggressive postflop. These stats are for 6max games btw - I imagine the average winning player in full ring is somewhat tighter overall.