Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   .50/1 JJ in BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393991)

Claunchy 12-08-2005 03:40 AM

.50/1 JJ in BB

Have I put villain on too narrow a hand range here? I feel like I'm too weak-tight with JJ. Comments on all streets appreciated.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, UTG+1 raises</font>, 2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, 3 folds</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

jakbse 12-08-2005 04:12 AM

Re: .50/1 JJ in BB

A normal capping range from UTG would be QQ-AA (18 combos) and AKs (4 combos). It means that you're behind 80% of the time, drawing to at the best two outs. I think this fold is correct.

Edit: you're behind all of the hands I would put villian on. I also missed the BDSD, which may add another out. Since you're closing the action I would be tempted to have a look at the turn, but I still think a fold here is the best play.

milesdyson 12-08-2005 04:13 AM

nh

elindauer 12-08-2005 04:14 AM

I think your hand reading is fine, but closing the action getting 15:1, I'd peel one off. A turn J can win you a big pot, and a Q gives you a profitable OESD. There is some chance you peel the flop and end up winning unimproved as well, which adds a little.

good luck.
eric

12-08-2005 04:54 AM

grunch

If you had some read that would be cool...

I definatly don't fold. I would have to check/call it out at the very least, because of the big pot.

Eeegah 12-08-2005 08:36 AM

Congratulations, that's probably the worst possible flop for you outside of something monotone. Not much you can do there.

@bsolute_luck 12-08-2005 08:59 AM

buwuahahaha! i'm sorry i can't help but laugh at that horrible horrible hilariously horrible flop. it basically knocked out in one swoop the only 2 preflop capping hands (by a sane person) that you were ahead of.

i guess you could peel with the size of the pot and goofy straight draw and hoping both jack outs are good, it is close. i'm not raising if i hit my J and you have to catch runner-perfect runner for your straight: aka "get really lucky". but hey, people keep sucking out on my AA with a turned 2-outer, if they can do it, so can you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-08-2005 09:26 AM

i think we can only peel here if there is a chance our hand is currently good and there is a chance vil is on AT. If you cant give them a range with a decent proportion of hands less than a K (as i think is the case here), your fold is correct.