Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Random Razz question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399693)

Lanzalot 12-16-2005 02:36 PM

Random Razz question

In razz, you are playing for an A(1)2345, right? Is this any different from simply playing toward the same thing, an AKQJT Broadway straight, in the other direction (ignoring suits for flushes of course)? Would anyone want to play a game like that? Why then, razz?

CarlosChadha 12-16-2005 03:48 PM

Re: Random Razz question

good question...the lack of straights and flushes mattering makes it a lot less complex than most game.

joewatch 12-16-2005 04:45 PM

I don't think anyone spreads Razz, except as part of high-stakes HORSE.

highlife 12-16-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone spreads Razz, except as part of high-stakes HORSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

the wynn spreads Razz in its 10-20 mix game, although the players often vote to nix it out.

highlife 12-16-2005 08:40 PM

no one actually "likes" playing razz, so don't even worry about it.

preiserone 12-16-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the game, it just gets spread no where so there isn't really any way for new players to discover the game so it is pretty much dead. But since it doesn't get spread, don't worry about it.

timprov 12-16-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do.

timprov 12-16-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In razz, you are playing for an A(1)2345, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's like saying in Stud High you're playing for a royal flush, right? What's so interesting about that? Answer: nothing.

timprov 12-16-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good question...the lack of straights and flushes mattering makes it a lot less complex than most game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Razz played 2-7 is not very different than the A-5 game.

losingflush 12-17-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In razz, you are playing for an A(1)2345, right? Is this any different from simply playing toward the same thing, an AKQJT Broadway straight, in the other direction (ignoring suits for flushes of course)? Would anyone want to play a game like that? Why then, razz?

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is all wrong.

You are playing to make the winning hand. The winning hand will be nearer to A2345 when you are playing in loose passive games then in any other type of Razz game. Heads up, you would not be playing for A2345 or you would just end up playing too few hands. Yes, Razz is simpler than a lot of poker games but it is not that simple.

I like Razz.