Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   It's too quiet in here.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397816)

krishanleong 12-13-2005 07:25 PM

It\'s too quiet in here....

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Villian is 2+2 taggy.

Krishan

12-13-2005 07:45 PM

Re: It\'s too quiet in here....

I fold preflop, even 4-handed.

12-13-2005 07:51 PM

I would either fold or just complete, unless this BB is folding a substantial amount of the time. I also don't think I would bet the turn again, but given that you did, I think the river is a great card, and justifies another bet. If he had the flush draw you would have been semi-bluff raised somewhere. Even if he is slowplaying, that 3rd flush card gives him less incentive to raise you, and since it is HU, I would call even if raised (I also would really want to know what he could possibly have to make him take a line like this if he is indeed TAG).

12-13-2005 07:51 PM

I assume its check fold?

krishanleong 12-13-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume its check fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying.

Krishan

Lmn55d 12-13-2005 07:54 PM

I'd bet river because I'm not confident villain will bet a Q or 9 on the river. If he does there's a good chance he'll bet fold. Also I don't think there's many draws he will have to bluff.

Did you consider check/folding the turn? I know it sounds really weak and I probably would bet as well. However, most guys 3bet JK preflop so we can rule that out I think. TK gets 3bet a lot too so that should be discounted. I think very few TAGs in that game can resist raising the flop with an OESD or flush draw. If they don't it is probably b/c they are raising the turn where you will be bet/folding I assume.

So basically you're hoping villain has a gutshot draw but these raise the flop sometimes. The Q9 flop means there are a lot of these though: 8T, TK (discounted), 8J. I think this guy has a Q or a better nine a LOT here.

I would probably bet the turn as well and check/folding might be pretty exploitable, but how close do you think this is to a checkfold?

krishanleong 12-13-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he is slowplaying, that 3rd flush card gives him less incentive to raise you, and since it is HU, I would call even if raised (I also would really want to know what he could possibly have to make him take a line like this if he is indeed TAG).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think I'm checking the river?

Krishan

Victor 12-13-2005 07:57 PM

i would bet bc he will call you with any q or 9 and he wont bet those. hell, he might not even bet an ace.

Lmn55d 12-13-2005 07:58 PM

if he's any sort of tag I think its very unlikely he doesn't bet an ace

12-13-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I assume its check fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I dont see many hands you are beating on the river. So I assumed you gave up by checking.