Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How hard should I own the bubble? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372241)

Exitonly 11-05-2005 01:50 AM

How hard should I own the bubble?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero (t44145)
UTG (t20856)
MP (t18964)
Button (t50857)
SB (t75186)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t12150</font>

Final Pot: t12750

10 left in the Stars $150, it's hand for hand for the final table.

Who pushes here?

edit: yea, i'm an idiot not listing reads.

Ok, bubble has been pretty passive.. this guy hasn't really been involved in much, he's been playing tight.

I'm not sure if the tight is good because he'll fold, or bad because he's not raising w/o premium hands.

ansky451 11-05-2005 01:54 AM

Re: How hard should I own the bubble?

Um, reads?

CardSharpCook 11-05-2005 01:56 AM

button has you covered. You don't have the bubble threat. Hell, in a vacuum, this may actually be +EV, but not for any Bubble reasons.

Exitonly 11-05-2005 01:58 AM

well i dont see why i would have to have him covered, he's not going to want to gamble 85% of his stack, for the same reasons.

It clearly would be better if i had him covered.

billyjex 11-05-2005 02:01 AM

I think I just let him have this one. Maybe a slightly better hand like 76s or something that stands a little better chance if we run into a big hand here. Also while it's true you will cripple him I think psychologically for alot of players they will be more inclined to call if it doesn't bust them.

11-05-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I just let him have this one. Maybe a slightly better hand like 76s or something that stands a little better chance if we run into a big hand here. Also while it's true you will cripple him I think psychologically for alot of players they will be more inclined to call if it doesn't bust them.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrTimCaum 11-05-2005 04:43 AM

I respect your posts over 99% of any other posts on the MTT forum, but c'mon Exit. You yourself said "this guy hasn't really been involved in much, he's been playing tight."

I'm not stars $150 veteran, but I've played a large handful of $100-$200's across the internet with billions of &gt;$100 mtts. Even if he is some weak-tight nerd, he did just put nearly 1/4 of his stack in the pot. Who cares what your hand is at this point? You've got 36o here, but I'd have serious problems pushing 44, A9o, or KJs here.

Exitonly 11-05-2005 04:48 AM

despite him being tight, i 'felt' like i had a lot of fold equity. I was really close to pushing, but decided to go weak tight, and chill unntil the bubble broke.

But as soon as i folded, i wanted to know if these were spots where i could/should be pushing occasionaly.

Skjonne 11-05-2005 08:46 AM

OK, maybe my approach to the game is too straight forward and mathematical. I'm not that much of a I-think-that-he-thinks-that-I-think-that-he-have-guy, but this is just too far out to me.

Do we really wanna put our tourney life at stake with 63o because hey, maybe he'll lay his good hand down.

Exit, my deepest respect for your game and your posts but this post is, IMHO, just BS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

11-05-2005 09:18 AM

If I had a little more of a hand, I'd defend my blind right here, because it very well could be a raise he doesn't want called. A more dangerous approach that sometimes would work would be to see the flop then push there since you are first to act.

In this spot though, your stack looks good, and him being weak tight, he probably has some sort of paint in his hand right now. I'd fold and steal on the next hand or 2.