Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Tenant moving out, how to split bills? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344449)

Josh W 09-26-2005 01:31 AM

Tenant moving out, how to split bills?

A friend of mine, E, owns a house that she doesn't live in. She has two roomates, V and P.

P has lived with E for a long time. While living with E, they had a couple of mice, cockroaches, and a bunch of yellowjackets outside. P begged E to pay for pest control. E could not afford it, so P agreed to be "financially responsible for it" (P's words...nothing written).

The contract for the pest control is a year contract. E has now moved out and is just renting out her house. The contract goes on for 10 more months. P just moved out.

E and P are friends, so going to court or anything like that is silly. Nothing is written, just verbally agreed upon. P thinks "now that I'm not living there, I don't need to be 'financially responsible for it".

Who should pay?

50/50?
P should pay?
E should pay?

Sponger15SB 09-26-2005 01:34 AM

Re: Tenant moving out, how to split bills?

All I want to know is how you could own a house and not be able to afford maintenance for it.

STLantny 09-26-2005 01:36 AM

If it helps any, you can get out of those contracts, if its with terminex. I signed a year contract, for 4 sprayings, only used 2, and then called and just played dumb, telling them thats not what they told me, yada, yada.

Michael Davis 09-26-2005 01:38 AM

"If it helps any, you can get out of those contracts, if its with terminex. I signed a year contract, for 4 sprayings, only used 2, and then called and just played dumb, telling them thats not what they told me, yada, yada."

Weak.

-Michael

STLantny 09-26-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"If it helps any, you can get out of those contracts, if its with terminex. I signed a year contract, for 4 sprayings, only used 2, and then called and just played dumb, telling them thats not what they told me, yada, yada."

Weak.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak-how?

Josh W 09-26-2005 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Weak.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but not surprising. I mean, look at the poll results. People keeping their word isn't high priority on this board!

Josh

Sponger15SB 09-26-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Weak.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak-how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause you're a [censored] hypocrite. This is a quote from you in the "stealing from employers thread...

"I think anyone who steals is an ignorant [censored]."

STLantny 09-26-2005 01:45 AM

well number 1- if you dont have the means to keep a house up dont buy it.

number 2- get someting in writing, otherwise too bad

number 3- even if you have it in writing, and you want to get out of it try to.

They wanted 225$ for a years contract, becasuse they told me they would have to come 4 times a year, or 150$ for a one time spray, they spent 5 minutes tops in my apartment, and gave me some glue boards, then left. Second time, they showed up when I wasnt home and "sprayed the perimeter". So I told them to [censored] off, I want outta the contract.

STLantny 09-26-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Weak.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak-how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause you're a [censored] hypocrite. This is a quote from you in the "stealing from employers thread...

"I think anyone who steals is an ignorant [censored]."

[/ QUOTE ]

Asking to get out of a contract is not the same as stealing, retard. They didnt have to let me out of it did they? I would have had no recourse but to pay, yet they did.

Michael Davis 09-26-2005 01:56 AM

"Asking to get out of a contract is not the same as stealing, retard. They didnt have to let me out of it did they? I would have had no recourse but to pay, yet they did."

Okay I'm done hijacking AFTER this, but you admitted to intentionally misrepresenting the facts to deceive the company in order to make it more likely that they would let you out of the contract. That's stealing.

-Michael