Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do you push this flop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309507)

flawless_victory 08-07-2005 11:25 AM

Re: Do you push this flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with you flawless?

[/ QUOTE ]i dont know, but i def have problems.

08-07-2005 11:30 AM

Ok but you should try not to take out your anger on people thats weak, and we dont want to be weak do we

captZEEbo1 08-07-2005 04:31 PM

I like how he puts you on AK rofl

RikaKazak 08-07-2005 06:16 PM

Umm, I just call the pfr, in this exact situation I push, he may or may not fold. I would put him on QQ or JJ also. Reason for pushing lays mostly in the turn scare cards 4 aces, 4 kings, 4 queens if he has JJ, 1 ten. That's 13 cards. Push and pray for a call. Plus even by just calling, turn 2 lets say, he may ck fold his QQ or JJ anyways. Calling and pushing on turn wasn't a bad play though. Just different options.

Lucky 08-07-2005 06:33 PM

I like the way you played it. Pre-flop, as tight as he is, with PFR at 7%, good chance he's mini raising with mid-pairs in EP (thinking that'll help him start getting paid with AA and KK, as if that's the reason he's not getting paid). Also, if he has AA or KK here, he'll let you know.

On the flop, I like the call, rather than third raise. Better chance he bets out here, or at least calls your turn bet.

kagame 08-07-2005 07:37 PM

yeah then what did he fold, AQ?

08-07-2005 07:45 PM

Assuming he raises all aa-jj ak/aks, aqs? what pfr % does that give him if those where the only cards he raised?

thanks NewbieStyle

08-09-2005 01:01 AM

Why reraise? He's going to call anything less then 160+ (and reraise the times he doesn't call) everytime with his prf% (and make money doing it) he wins here better then 15/1 and may not get stacked everytime he's behind... like this hand. so it's a call preflop

pushing the flops fine I just like a minreraise either way could be slightly more ev I think this may factor into the metagame slightly more then a full push (allowing a minreraise later for a missed draw with a smaller pot?)all that really matters is the moneys goes in on the flop because like this hand theres really nothing but scare cards out there for him but who knows really;/

08-09-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, I like the call, rather than third raise. Better chance he bets out here, or at least calls your turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what j9? I don't see it.

creedofhubris 08-09-2005 01:31 AM

Your preflop reraise is no good. Reraising a tight EP raiser with TT is NOT a reraise for value, it's a reraise to mix up your game. if you want to mix it up with your reraises, pop with suited connectors, not with mid pairs. Suited connectors, you'll know where you are postflop and won't get trapped, with tens you're going to get trapped for extra bets on a baby board a fair amount of time. Plus, you definitely want to take shots at his big pairs with something like TT without getting blasted out of pots preflop.

That said, given what happened, I like pushing that flop once he comes over the top.