Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Commerce 40/80 : 99 UTG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=129261)

GuyOnTilt 09-28-2004 10:45 AM

Commerce 40/80 : 99 UTG

Player on my right just came back after sitting out an orbit and buys the Button. I'm UTG with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise. Two players fold and an unimaginative, too loose, and a bit too passive lady calls. Two more fold to a way too loose CO who calls, Button folds, blind calls. 4 to the flop for 8.5 SB's.

Flop comes: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Blind checks, I bet, MP raises. CO cold-calls and the blind folds. I 3-bet. She 4-bets, CO dumps, I call. I'm done without improvement.

Turn comes: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I absorb and bet, planning to fold to a raise and bet the river if called.

GoT

tpir90036 09-28-2004 11:04 AM

Re: Commerce 40/80 : 99 UTG

Hmmmm. You just got 4-bet by someone you describe as "passive." Would she 4-bet with a flush/straight draw?
I am not saying you should fold....but I don't see how the 7 is improvement with the range of hands that I put an "unimaginative" player on. All that being said, I like the way you played it and I like the plan of betting and folding to a raise.

Hope it worked out for you....very interested to see the results.
-tpir

King_J 09-28-2004 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm. You just got 4-bet by someone you describe as "passive." Would she 4-bet with a flush/straight draw?
I am not saying you should fold....but I don't see how the 7 is improvement with the range of hands that I put an "unimaginative" player on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant the lady have flopped the bottom set?
I think the way you planned to play the hand is ok. I play mostly online though and I dont play in games where I fold a such stronge hand heads up though.

tpir90036 09-28-2004 11:54 AM

Of course she could have, but an overapir is certainly more likely. I would not fold this either heads-up and I am pretty sure I said so in my post....

MrGo 09-28-2004 11:56 AM

I don't see how you can fold to a raise here on the turn. It's difficult for me to give THAT much credit to a player to have a case card. Also, it's very rare that I fold a full-house, especially heads up in this situation.

I like your bet out on the turn, but if raised, call then check-call the river.

Go 'Stros!! Hopefully Backe will pitch well tonight. Go Cincy!!!!

Steve Giufre 09-28-2004 11:59 AM

I've seen even passive players get excited and play something like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] like that on the flop. He also just pulled ahead of 44 which is a possible holding. I like your plan for the turn, it's much better than check calling twice if she isnt capable of raising with a worse hand, which would be pretty unlikely in this spot.

Gabe 09-28-2004 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I absorb and bet, planning to fold to a raise and bet the river if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if the river is raised?

GuyOnTilt 09-28-2004 12:14 PM

and if the river is raised?

I guess I didn't get that far in my thought process on the turn. Thinking about it right now, I don't think should call a river raise. At the table, I might've incorrectly called. Sadly.

GoT

Gabe 09-28-2004 02:11 PM

I can't think of a hand your opponent would raise the turn with. I think if you're going to get raised it'll be on the river.

STLantny 09-28-2004 03:05 PM

This is where, imo, reading body language and knowing your opponent comes in really handy. Id definetly try to get to a showdown, as cheap as possible now though.