Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BB defense, simple question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323627)

sfer 08-26-2005 07:59 PM

BB defense, simple question

9 handed 20/40 at Bay 101. Uncharacteristically, the table folds to the button, a prop who just sat down this orbit and hasn't played a hand yet, who opens. An atrocious loose passive SB calls, I have Qc 7h. Call?

ggbman 08-26-2005 08:01 PM

Re: BB defense, simple question

I would.

baronzeus 08-26-2005 08:42 PM

These props are rocks from my recollection, so I would fold.

Analyst 08-26-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These props are rocks from my recollection, so I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though most of the props are fairly tight, not all of them in the 20 game are rocks - there are a couple of fairly loose ones - and a fair number of them will steal from the button. It all depends on the specific prop.

Lestat 08-27-2005 12:04 AM

Are you happy the sb called, or would you prefer that he folded?

sthief09 08-27-2005 12:19 AM

I'd definitely call Q8o, so I think Q7o is at least close. I've never played with a prop before so I don't know what a typical one's raising standards there are. I think he'd need to raise 1/3 of his hands there.

I think bunching has an affect here at a loose table. gotta expect they'll play most Ax hands and big-little suited, so there's a higher-than-normal probability that the prop has something decent

sthief09 08-27-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

usually I'd rather play this headsup, but against the loose passive guy, he will be able to use him to get the likely straightforward shallow-thinking button prop out of the hand and win somewhat often with Q high and get nice value from a pair of 7s of queens

sfer 08-27-2005 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very happy.

jgorham 08-27-2005 06:15 AM

Since SB is so bad I think this is a call. Would fold if the raise came from the CO though, so I think it is really close. In any case, your avatar is fantastic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dazarath 08-27-2005 06:26 AM

I think if the SB folded, it'd be an easy call. Since the SB is described as a poor player, I'd say that makes it even more of a call (if hero is a better player than the prop). I haven't seen too many of the props, so I don't know how they play in general, but I don't see why this couldn't be considered a blind steal. Even tight players will attempt to steal.

On a different note, I play at Bay 101 as well (or at least I have been, since I'm at home for the summer). I'll probably be there tomorrow sometime, meaning saturday.